Simbambili Game Lodge
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve(Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve)
US$2,332
US$2,239
Londolozi Private Game Reserve(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$1,845
SA Hotels
Umkumbe Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$585
  • Breakfast included
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$1,827
  • Breakfast included
Dulini Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$2,322
SA Hotels
Ulusaba Safari Lodge(Ulusaba Private Game Reserve)
US$1,181
SA Hotels
Lion Sands River Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
US$1,707
US$1,642
Hotwire.com
SUN1 Pretoria(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
US$43
Hotels.com
US$98
US$83
Elephant Plains Game Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsday bedplunge poolour honeymoonsabi sandswatering holewater holehuge malethree nightssafari experienceamazing experienceevery mealwild dogshour drivehuge bedtracking skillslounge chairsevery aspect
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Our family had the privilege of staying in this wonderful game lodge for four nights a few weeks ago. My husband and I stayed here a few years ago and fell in love with the lodge, and yet it still managed to exceed our expectations! Everything was perfect! Firstly, the game viewing was excellent and within the first few hours of being there we had seen lion, leopard, hyena, elephant and rhino! And over the next few days there were many many more wonderful sightings. Secondly – the staff – they were all superbly knowledgeable about the bush, helpful – nothing was too much to ask – and great fun to spend time with – it was a pleasure getting to know them over the four days that we were there, particularly Ash, Glory (our butler) and our very experienced and humorous game ranger: Sipps. Thirdly the accommodation is world class – the rooms are beautiful with enormous decks from which you can often spot game and which all have their own plunge pools – absolute luxury. My favourite was having a long hot bath after dinner in the evening and looking at the stars. On top of everything the food was delicious – three meals every day with various menus and various settings – including a boma one night and a dinner in the bush on another night. This will always be my game lodge of choice in South Africa and I can highly recommend it to anyone visiting our beautiful country.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017

My husband and I spent four days at Simbambili and loved every minute. We were in a beautiful, very comfortable cabin with a plunge pool on the deck overlooking a game trail. The food was very good. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. Best of all, the twice-daily game drives were amazing. Sipps (guide) and Service (tracker) were not only adept at locating animals, they were informative and great to spend time with. We will never forget our time there.

Room Tip: All individual cabins.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This is a great place, wonderfully run, great rooms, super staff, food, loads of excellent food & great game drives. Even the 5:30AMs didn't bother us!! First safari & it was absolutely amazing. The game drives were great and the knowledge of the guides & respect they show to the animals & the environment was wonderful. Thanks to Jaben & the ever talkative Rodney who were superb. We enjoyed every minute of it. It's amazing how difficult it can be to pick out an elephant or giraffe never mind lions & leopards! 4 to 6 guests in every vehicle allowed easy viewing not that it was needed as most of the animals were v close. Then there were the meals - loads of good food. Super rooms to boot! Overall smashing place, thoroughly recommend it.
I would like to also give 'Our Horn is not Medicine' a shout so people can see the damagr that rhino poaching is doing.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fmt14
Reviewed 8 May 2017

This game lodge is fantastic! We stayed 3 nights and I wish we had stayed one more. Our guide, Justin, was amazing. We saw so much game. The big five usually twice over each day! Some of our sightings were once in a lifetime viewings. The wild dog pack sighting were over the top! Our lioness and cubs viewing were mind blowing! The food was absolutely gourmet. Nesepresso machines in each room makes 5:30AM wake up call a cake walk! The staff was so caring and attentive: all of our needs were 100% taken care of. Management was 5 stars! Our room with its private plunge pool was so delightful in the middle of the day. I will return and refer my friends.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We absolutely loved this resort. The staff is so warm and welcoming, the rooms and public areas are beautifully and comfortably decorated, the food was delicious (I'm a San Francisco foodie pescetarian and absolutely loved the food/presentation), and the game drives were unforgettable. Don't miss the bush walk--we walked through a field of butterflies, saw all kinds of animal tracks, and enjoyed a different view of the landscape we'd been driving through all week. I would also highly recommend visiting the Thornybush Community Project gardens with Gavin, where some of the beautiful food served in Sabi Sand resorts is grown by local women as part of a community collective. We also visited a school, which had an incredible impact on us. I loved Simbambili--a little piece of my heart is still there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family