Our family had the privilege of staying in this wonderful game lodge for four nights a few weeks ago. My husband and I stayed here a few years ago and fell in love with the lodge, and yet it still managed to exceed our expectations! Everything was perfect! Firstly, the game viewing was excellent and within the first few hours of being there we had seen lion, leopard, hyena, elephant and rhino! And over the next few days there were many many more wonderful sightings. Secondly – the staff – they were all superbly knowledgeable about the bush, helpful – nothing was too much to ask – and great fun to spend time with – it was a pleasure getting to know them over the four days that we were there, particularly Ash, Glory (our butler) and our very experienced and humorous game ranger: Sipps. Thirdly the accommodation is world class – the rooms are beautiful with enormous decks from which you can often spot game and which all have their own plunge pools – absolute luxury. My favourite was having a long hot bath after dinner in the evening and looking at the stars. On top of everything the food was delicious – three meals every day with various menus and various settings – including a boma one night and a dinner in the bush on another night. This will always be my game lodge of choice in South Africa and I can highly recommend it to anyone visiting our beautiful country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbambili Game Lodge is a highly individualised destination for the discerning traveller located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Set in magnificent trees along the meandering Manyeleti River, with views over an extensive savannah grassland, that teems with wildlife visiting an ever popular water hole. Sophisticated yet simple, each suite has spectacular views whether from the unique en-suite bathrooms, outside salas or individual private plunge pools. Guests are encouraged to enjoy the extraordinary and unique wildlife of Africa, whether it is your choice to linger at a close encounter with lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo or to be amazed by the extensive array of birds and insects, or simply relax in the Sanctuary Spa. Your ranger and tracker team will astound you with their ability to track big five game, either on foot or from an open safari vehicle. The amazing safari experience is complimented by elegant cuisine, a selection of fine wines andthe warmth of true African hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Simbambili Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbambili Game Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Hotel Simbambili Game
- Simbambili Game Lodge Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa