Rodeway Inn Roswell
US$124
US$116
US$139
US$130
All reviewspicnic tableseggs and sausageroom was cleanan older hotelhot breakfastoutskirts of towncoffee potexcellent staygreat place to staystay there againstaff was very friendlygreat pricebreakfast barhome away from homenew mexicofridge and microwavemain street
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Great Staff, very accomodating with the kiddos,
Note*
(if you like the AC on all during the night bring your ear plugs)
we would atay there again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

After the long drive from Phoenix it was so nice to get checked into our room. AC on and nice and cool. Stepped out our front door and wow what a nice pool. Great swim.
Slept so well and enjoyed a variety for breakfast.
Do yourself a favor, dont believe all you read. We will be back.

Great job staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room for the price we paid. In fact, the check in price was a few dollars cheaper than the quoted price online. Very pleased with the accommodations but breakfast was late and lite.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I booked through hotels.com and received a very good price for the room but when I arrived, I found out the reservation was for a smoking room. When I arrived and found this out I asked to change to a non-smoking room and they wanted to charge me $20 more on a room that was booked for $54. When I balked at this and said I was not aware I had booked a smoking room and that I felt taken advantage of, the man at the front desk suggested I learn to read and the female called me stupid. Beware of this scam.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank kdl21
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We received a king room that was remodeled. The room was okay, with a minifridge and microwave. Mattress seemed new, but was a very thin, poor new mattress. Until they get slept in more, it was okay comfort-wise. The pool area was decent. Needs more lawn chairs, but okay. All the rooms face in to the pool, which makes it not-too-private. The location is out-of-the way of anything, but we could drive somewhere. For a really cheap hotel, it was okay, comparable to a nicer Super 8.
The service was horrible. It seems like the family running the hotel really doesn't know anything about how hotels are generally run. They said that they had rooms available, but would not move us to a different room. It was like pulling teeth. Could we get a different room? There are rooms available. Can we have one of those rooms? No. It didn't make any sense. We booked our room via the choice hotels website, and they refused to honor the price Choice gave me. Instead of fixing the problem, they just kept saying it was Choice's fault. The hotel managers were not capable of giving the correct rates to Choice? I've worked in the industry, so I know how this should work. They were unable and/or unwilling to look at the discrepancy in what I was charged, saying they don't know what tax I'm charged (even though they were charging me for it on my card when I checked in). They also charge you the full amount when you get there, not when you leave, instead of preauthorizing your card for the assumed amount which guarantees they can get that amount, like all other hotels do. They didn't know what preauthorizing was. They refused to give me a receipt that shows a zero balance when I checked out (even though they said I had a zero balance), as anyone putting this on their expense report would need. Overall, this was such a headache and the owners and staff were the most incompetent people I've ever dealt with at a hotel. Every day I had to take time out of what I was doing in Roswell to make sure I found the owners to try to fix it. I would never stay there again. Not at all worth the headache. Oh, and they actually charge you for housekeeping, in addition to your room rate. They don't tell you up front so you have no opportunity to reject housekeeping if you want (which they don't seem willing to do anyway).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple