See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2014

We are planning a trip to Red River and my curiosity about this Kachina Lodge led me to reading these reviews. So happy to see that Kachina Lodge is still run by very nice people. My Aunt and Uncle owned this Lodge in the early 60;s. I think they owned it for around 29 years, before coming back to TX. Visiting with my Aunt and Uncle, brought us there almost every summer and Questa is the most fantastic place to be. Hoping we can get a room for 3 couples!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Each visit to this motel has been magical. I first stayed there about 25 years ago. They were so friendly and it felt like I was stepping back in time. The owners were lovely and I have fond memories of sitting on the porch visiting with their little Grand daughter. Relaxing.

Room Tip: Perfect...I hope to return and revisit this sweet area and relaxing motel. My first visit there was certainly not in 2013..It was probably in the early 1990's.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy F
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We got our room for a very decent price and the room was very nice and clean. It was worth the money we paid. Excellent customer service by the manager Ronda who is on top of everthing from the moment you arrive into the motel, I cannot say enough about the service I experienced at Kachina motel during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We lucked into this place behind some else's cancelation. Thank you, who ever you were! We were aprehensive at first because of the age and lack of modern amenities but within moments of checking in we knew this was a gem amoung stones. Our hostess, Ronda, turned out to be not only a "Jill of all trades" but a first class representative as well. She saw to our every need and regaled us with stories of the local history and helpful hints for sight seeing. Her dog Izzy was an instant friend to all and helped to make us feel welcomed. Before the first day was done, the entire clientale had become like family. Over the years we have stayed at much "higher-end" facilities in the Red River area but never been made to feel genuinely WECOLME. Our thanks and compliments to the owner for your choice in management. Our next visit to the area will definately include a return stay at the Kachina.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you need cooking facility.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank T L
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We got to Questa just in time for a snow storm; tried another motel but was greeted with a curt
"no vacancy"; drove to Kachina and was warmly greeted by the manager, who gave us the honeymoon room. Clean, very comfortable bed; historic building. Glad to have microwave, as the restaurants were closed due to snow. The manager even came and swept the snow off our car the next morning and recommended fishing spots.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple