“Lunch stop after Hot Springs”
Review of Mesa Vista Cafe

Mesa Vista Cafe
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Small Mom and Pop roadside café. Very friendly service and good home made food. I had a Mexican combo plate that was wonderful and my wife had the "hand made" rather than frozen pre made hamburger and it was very good. Nice quaint family ran place.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

It is no 4 star restaurant but it is really good at being someplace where you are glad you stopped. The atmosphere inside is exactly what you'd expect from the outside. It's a cozy little hole in the wall with great coffee and a good mix of locals and tourists.

We were greeted with the smell of fresh bacon and coffee as soon as we walked in. The waitress could not have been nicer. The food was good and hot. The atmosphere is sort of a Western Shabby Chic.

Was there a "party in my mouth"? No. Would I travel to reach it specifically? No. But, it was exactly as expected and it more than met our needs. I would absolutely go again AND, if I were local, I expect I'd be a regular. Stop by.

1  Thank KelleyDD14
Reviewed 7 August 2016

it's not fancy but it's good. We had breakfast but the entire menu looked good. Huge portions, nicely seasoned green and red chili. There were obviously the locals but us "tourists" were not treated any different. Not expensive compared to the OJO resort restaurant or having to drive to Santa Fe or Taos and pay those prices. $10 a person for "BASIC FOOD" is normal unless you are at McD's. Go down the road and pay $40. You decide. Some of these bad reviews people should just go buy a package of hot dogs instead of griping about home cooking at a local family owned place. Eat here everyone else - its great!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

We had breakfast. It was good ! The owner and waitress were extremely open
and friendly.. Small place with and interesting history. Open at 8 in the morning..
Not 7 like it says on the building. It is so fun,when people are very, very friendly !!!
You DO NOT find friendly people like this in the big cities ! ! ! ! !

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Food, service, friendliness all fantastic. Great for a snack for a meal. Won't find a better place to sit, relax, and chat with other customers.