“Tasty Pizza -- amazing crust”
Review of Red Mountain Cafe - CLOSED

Red Mountain Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Pizzas, sandwiches, baked goods and the best coffee drinks for 50 miles! Take out and counter service in a low-key atmosphere. Patio dining and limited inside seating available.
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I stopped here after a day at Ojo Caliente and I was the only customer. I felt like my arrival was a bit of an annoyance to the person working there but I stayed anyway and had a delicious pizza. Truly an excellent crust and the green chile pesto is very nice.

Date of visit: May 2017
3  Thank PlayaLes

Reviewed 22 November 2016

There aren't many places to eat in Ojo Caliente for folks visiting the spa during the week but the Red Mountain Cafe (pizza place) is a real winner. We ordered a salad and a pizza and both were excellent. The field greens were VERY fresh and probably local -- haven't had better anywhere. Being born in Chicago I'm a pizza snob but found the pizza which is their main line dish very good. I believe the owner may be the sole employee and he takes a great deal of care for his food. He isn't open every day so check the hours before you plan your trip to Ojo Caliente. We ordered "to go" and took the feast back to our room...worked out perfectly.

2  Thank J N
Reviewed 7 November 2016

While staying at the resort in Ojo Caliente, my wife and I decided to grab a bite to eat for lunch (we had reservations for dinner at the restaurant at the resort and didn't want to eat there twice) so we drove back out towards the main road and did our usual "Yelp" search for where to eat. There are a few choices all right in the same area so we went with the highest rated on Yelp- Red Mountain Cafe. You walk in and it looks like a typical 'New Mexican Middle Of Nowhere' stop to eat. So, we ordered the soup of the day, two slices of the 'pizza by the slice of the day' & a house salad. OMG. We were so surprised at how fresh and tasty all of our choices were. It's VERY rare that we both choose selections we both love. We paid our bill($13 plus tip!) and enjoyed our lunch. We headed back to the resort and after soaking for a while, we decided to cancel our reservation for dinner, walk BACK to the Cafe, and purchased a whole pizza to take back with us. The pizza was huge, and we had enough leftovers to take a few slices home with us the next day. I'd highly recommend stopping at this nice cafe for a quick bite or to skip the crowds/fancy dinner prices at the resort!

Date of visit: November 2016
4  Thank Krystal D
Reviewed 25 October 2016

I was pleasantly surprised when I stopped in at Red Mountain Cafe in Ojo Callente. NM
Everything tasted great.
It seemed to be the only cafe in town but it was never short of people coming and going.
Quality ingredients for sure.
I would highly recommend the cafe.

2  Thank kits90
Reviewed 20 October 2016

The pizza with roasted green chile pesto base, ham and mushroom and onion, was so good that it brought tears to my eyes. The crust was delectable: crisp and chewy and flavorful. The toppings were all fresh and of extraordinarily good quality. Sure, there's a bit of a wait, but that's because there's an artist in the kitchen, crafting a superb pizza just for you. It takes a while to assemble and then to bake, and it's worth every single minute and more. Red Mountain Cafe is truly a hidden gem.

2  Thank Katherine L