“Wonderful Place”
Review of Elk X-ing Cafe

Elk X-ing Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Mimbres
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We met some of the most wonderful people at this cafe and the food was excellent. We loved the decor, scenery but most of all the smiling friendly faces.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

After driving through the area I had stopped here by chance because I needed some food. It is a log cabin and the inside decor is very country and was very cool. It was definitely a welcoming place. For the most part it was busy and the owner was also the cook, waitress, and cashier. Despite all these titles she was able to serve everyone timely with her home cooking and accommodate all with friendly conversation.
I ordered the South West burger and without a doubt it was one of the best burgers I've ever had. If I ever make it back out there I would not hesitate to stop in again.

Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

Friends took me here for lunch today. It starts off with a beautiful drive from Silver City. The building and decor are rustic, clean and fit perfectly into the Mimbres Valley. Cows grazed outside.
I had the Southwest Burger, a handmade patty, and with great fries. The meat was delicious and the fries were crisp. Not sure if they were actually handcut fries but they seemed like it. Sodas were in a can but the brewd iced tea was good and unsweetened. The owner waits tables, cooks all the food and also runs the register, though this being a Saturday she had someone waiting tables with her. Both of them were friendly. I'll be going back next time I'm traveling out that way.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I travel to the Mimbres Valley in New Mexico quite often and always plan a meal at Elk-Xing Cafe. Sandy, the owner, is never too busy to give us her personal attention as she does all who visit her cafe. The food is always freshly prepared, delicious, and filling. There is a bit of a wait but the hospitality and wholesomeness is worth every minute. Sandy is a delightful host, waitress, cook, and cashier as is all of her staff. Everyone pitches in as a team to give the most wonderful high desert country experience. When she has entertainment on special nights... it's worth the drive.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stopped at this log cabin building while driving thru Gila National Forest. Lady owner served up a green chile cheeseburger made with two whole fresh Hatch chilies. Today we tried the Owl Cafe chile cheeseburger in San Antonio, good but not as good as the X-ing! Worth a drive there if you enjoy the forest.