All reviews one night new mexico great conversation memorable stay old west long time pie town night stay lee gem hosts stories array vacation sharing
Reviewed 10 April 2015

I still can't believe I had such a great time in Magdalena, NM. I used to live in Albuquerque, and it was never like this! I just ate fresh salad greens in a cafe in Magdalena, for crying out loud! But I digress - Lori and Lee at Rancho Magdalena B&B achieved an 11 on the hospitality-o-meter. They had me in for a glass (or two) of wine in the evening, and talked my arm off. If you want to learn about the area, these are the folks to start with. Oh my God they know everything. I was on a weekend jaunt from Albuquerque, taking in Bosque del Apache, Pie Town and El Malpais National Monument. Since I was by myself with an older vehicle, Lori even offered to have Lee come save me if my car gave out along the side of the road (it didn't, so that was good). What sweethearts they are! I can't add much to the descriptions of the rooms that hasn't been covered already. There place is like being on a ranch, with luxurious bedrooms, and tasty stuffed french toast for breakfast. What fun!

Room Tip: The map that goes with this listing is way off. This property is just west of Magdalena, (which is west of Socorro). Its NOT on I-25 by Polvadera! Call them for directions.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2015

We stay here whenever we come to see the Bosque Del Apache and would not stay anywhere else. Lori and Lee, the owners, are very comfortable to be around and make us feel like family. The rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable with a homey feel. The property is rough, rugged and beautiful. The best part, for me anyway, are the owners. They are interesting to talk with, and are sincere, warm and very gracious. All stress just melts away when you are in their company! Thank you Lori and Lee for sharing your home and the gift of your comany. This is a great location to stay at and visit the Very Large Array as well. I hope Magdalena township appreciates the treasure they have with Rancho Magdalena as it really is the reason to visit Magdalena and get a taste of a former time and a different less stressed life.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

When we got to Rancho Magdalena we were greeted by Lori and later joined by Lee. What a wonderful couple! The accommodations were beautiful, clean, and the beds were so comfortable. Loved the early coffee at our door and the breakfast was delicious. They were such fun to visit with and we really felt like if we lived in Magdalena we would be good friends. Loved the dogs, the Belgian draft horse (Dolly), and the Longhorns. All in all we were still talking about our stay long after we headed home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Lee and Lori run one of the best B&Bs i have ever stayed at. From the first email to the last goodbye, they were warm, welcoming and helpful. The room was tastefully decorated and provided everything you could want. The breakfast was four star in taste and worthy of Food and Wine cover page in presentation. Best of all, the other guests were interesting people which made for great conversation. Highly, highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank a2squared
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We spent just one night at Rancho Magdalena but wished we could have stayed longer. The room was beautiful and comfortable, owner Lee was very friendly and helpful, and the greeting from Peanut was very welcoming. Our dog, London, enjoyed the stay, too. Even his first encounter with a donkey.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple