“Well worn but clean at a decent price, but did not appear secure”
Review of The Big Chile Inn

The Big Chile Inn
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed 21 March 2017

The staff was very nice but they said they never got my reservation from Booking.com made months earlier. Good thing I had printed out the reservation as a local event filled up all the hotels in town so they were able to fit me in. The interior garden and Koi pond with seating under cover were very nice. The rooms were well worn but very clean, however the refrigerator was not operating. TV worked very nice and wifi was good. I felt it was good for the price. The only issue was that there were a number of nasty looking people roaming around the parking lot and room areas, and a number of what looked like junk cars parked in front of rooms in the back. They may have been construction worker vehicles as work was being done, but it made me nervous. Breakfast was very minimal with some donuts, orange juice and a couple of breakfast cereals that I could not tell what they were. Coffee was OK. Enough to get going but about all.

Room Tip: Choose rooms towards the front, appears more secure
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I stayed at the Big Chile Inn whenever I came in town to meet with my dissertation chair. The first time I stayed I got in really late. After I had checked in, the owner, Dave came to the door with a plate of chips and salsa. I was so tired and hungry that the gesture made me smile. From that point on, I would always stay at the Big Chile whenever I came in town. For graduation, my whole family stayed there. The service is excellent, and it is a great price. The interior gardens and koi fish pond are beautiful as well. It is a hidden jewel in the desert!

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Police were called out to the Hotel 4 times in the 2 days I spent there! 1 car broken into the first night and 3 cars broken into the second night I was there. I was woken up at 3 am from the room next to me Parting! No Security on duty and no one at front desk to take my complaint! Not a good area at all! The "Continental Breakfast" consists of your choice of a muffin, a roll, or cereal. I am allergic to milk and orange juice and that is all they offered besides coffee, witch I cannot drink. My advise is to pass on the "Bargain Rates" and find a more secure location to stay!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed 9 February 2017

We stayed here because of positive TripAdvisor reviews but were disappointed. Our room had no coffee maker, no tissue, no hair dryer. We heard music from next door and feet running overhead. The front desk did not have our reservation made on TripAdvisor on their computer but had to go back to a binder and find the hard copy. When we checked out they told us that they had new management. The staff were very pleasant but the motel didn't live up to the good reviews we'd read and we'd choose somewhere else if we're in Las Cruses again.

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moorpwr
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This way a bad motel. Not maintained well. The breakfast was not advertised as a continental breakfast but that was all it was. Had a large opening on the door frame that had to be fixed. Three lights were not working when we checked in. It was obvious that the housekeeping didn't know how to turn over a room between occupancy. Would never stay there again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple