All reviews koi pond chilli salsa and chips room was clean continental breakfast shower head an older property parking lot nice pool gazebo motel las highway
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I stayed at the Big Chile Inn whenever I came in town to meet with my dissertation chair. The first time I stayed I got in really late. After I had checked in, the owner, Dave came to the door with a plate of chips and salsa. I was so tired and hungry that the gesture made me smile. From that point on, I would always stay at the Big Chile whenever I came in town. For graduation, my whole family stayed there. The service is excellent, and it is a great price. The interior gardens and koi fish pond are beautiful as well. It is a hidden jewel in the desert!

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Police were called out to the Hotel 4 times in the 2 days I spent there! 1 car broken into the first night and 3 cars broken into the second night I was there. I was woken up at 3 am from the room next to me Parting! No Security on duty and no one at front desk to take my complaint! Not a good area at all! The "Continental Breakfast" consists of your choice of a muffin, a roll, or cereal. I am allergic to milk and orange juice and that is all they offered besides coffee, witch I cannot drink. My advise is to pass on the "Bargain Rates" and find a more secure location to stay!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed 9 February 2017

We stayed here because of positive TripAdvisor reviews but were disappointed. Our room had no coffee maker, no tissue, no hair dryer. We heard music from next door and feet running overhead. The front desk did not have our reservation made on TripAdvisor on their computer but had to go back to a binder and find the hard copy. When we checked out they told us that they had new management. The staff were very pleasant but the motel didn't live up to the good reviews we'd read and we'd choose somewhere else if we're in Las Cruses again.

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moorpwr
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This way a bad motel. Not maintained well. The breakfast was not advertised as a continental breakfast but that was all it was. Had a large opening on the door frame that had to be fixed. Three lights were not working when we checked in. It was obvious that the housekeeping didn't know how to turn over a room between occupancy. Would never stay there again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richardpartsch
Reviewed 28 January 2017

Still not sure whether this was a regular motel or an apartment building with a few rooms open for nightly use. A lot of the people there looked like they lived there on a permanent basis. Most of the rooms were in a courtyard and the only access point was through the lobby. I wasn't really impressed with the lobby because it was scarce of furniture. The fish tank needed to be cleaned.

I would have liked to see a security chain and a deadbolt on the door. Not too sure why there was a two section floor to ceiling mirror on the rear wall next to the bed.
The bed was a queen size bed made up for two people but the second person had to be really tiny to squeeze into the space between the bed and the wall.

The air conditioner/heater unit didn't put out much hot air. There was no hot water during the evening because they were switching out the main hot water heaters.

There wasn't much in the way of breakfast. No hot foods provided except for what you could put in a toaster. Very disappointed that there was a sign that said that you had to eat the food in the breakfast area and not take it to your room.

At least, I was close to the office so there was a strong wifi signal. Flat screen tv in the room.

The neighborhood that it was in looked kind of rough. It was surrounded by older run-down motels. There were no stores or any places to eat close by.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business