All reviews koi pond chilli salsa and chips room was clean continental breakfast shower head an older property parking lot nice pool gazebo motel las highway
Reviewed 24 June 2016

the sign in front displays $142 weekly but they tell me that the monthly rate is way more plus deposit , this place is a total scam STAY AWAY! just another rippoff scam in west las cruces , DO NOT STAY HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank TJ S
davidgLC, Previous Manager at The Big Chile Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

The hotel was recently sold and is under new management. The new management will respond, as the listing is transitioned to their control.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

I am a regular now. They won me over with a great price, a comfortable quiet room, and they never forgot my name. Davis and Crew were always cheerful, friendly and helpful. I travel with communications gear and extras. Internet service was always available and dependable. The rooms clean and comfortable, and they always asked if I needed anything special. They always insisted in checking my room with me, always leaving a fresh, cold bottle of water or soda. It's nice to be remembered!

Room Tip: Call ahead if there's something you need. They care.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I stayed at the Big Chili for 2 nights. The room was clean, comfortable, and surprisingly large. The staff, especially Elina, went out of their way to accommodate. I also enjoyed the garden area with pavilion and coy pond. It is evident that the staff takes pride in the colorful history of the motel. The only negative was the intermittent wifi connection. Great place at a great value for solo or family trips.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I have to tell you, in all honesty, that I normally travel with a travel trailer and stay in it at campgrounds. However, this was a last minute trip and my objective was to find hotels that offered inexpensive accomodations (trying to get as close to camp site prices as possible).

In Las Cruces, I was going to spend two days. I checked on line and this hotel came up and from what I read, I was interested and the price was right. It took me a while to find it, as I got into town late at night and my GPS was acting up. But find it I did.

When I pulled into the parking lot, I thought, "You have got to be kidding, right?" There was this huge ceramic/plastic chile in the front parking lot. It was adorned with Christmas tree lights. The hotel? Looked pretty average.

So, inside we go. Holy moly. The place is about as ecclectic as you could imagine. Behind the desk is an Australian named Dave. Same as me. He is very nice and he actually takes me to my room, which is located in an interior courtyard. He makes sure everything in the room is working correctly and he tells me that breakfast starts at 7:00 in the morning.

The room was very nice and the bed was a "I don't remember shutting my eyes" experience The WI-FI in the room worked to a t and I was able to get some work done that first night.

In the morning I got to check out the courtyard garden. Wow. There were paths through a garden of desert plants, two gas grills for guests, a gazebo to lounge in, a fish pond, a swimming pool and statues of "chiles" as well as some sombrero clad napping people statues.

I had breakfast. Hey, cereal and toast. But, the coffee was good and Dave didn't mind me filling up my thermos for the day trip.

I would check this out and it was a lot of fun. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 30 March 2016

I chose this place because it had very good reviews and I actually wanted to see the largest chili. The chili did not disappoint but I was with the overall place. The service was great from the staff. I think the manager's name was Dave. He was very nice and made sure the room had fresh towels in it. The room was clean enough and the beds were fine. I'm not a spoiled world traveler and all so I'm not usually a picky person when it comes to hotels/motels but there were little nit picky things that kind of annoyed me about the room. The chair had some stains on it which I wasn't sure was from but it kept me from sitting on it. Also, the bathroom only had one switch that turned on the lights in the room adjacent to the bathroom itself so there was no way to dampen the brightness of the whole room if you had to go in the middle of the night. Maybe I'm being a little picky but that's just my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family