“Omg”

Add it.
Old Mesilla Pastry Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Las Cruces
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

This place is amazing! It's kinda small but worth the wait!

1  Thank Lar912

Reviewed 23 April 2012

"The Shed" has a nice patio. Our food was excellent, home made and fresh. I love the blue corn red chile enchiladas and the fruit plate so artistic. What a treat:)

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed 27 December 2007

We planned a stop at The Shed en route to Tucson. We arrived around 11:30, and the restaurant was already crowded. We found one of the last two tables remaining. I ordered the Migas—two scrambled eggs covered with cheese, tomatoes, and jalapenos. They were served with sides of beans and potatoes and a large flour tortilla. While everything was delicious, I could have easily made a meal of just the beans and potatoes. They were wonderful! My partner ordered the burger on a small Kaiser roll. She chose Posole as her side dish, and we both agreed it was some of the most savory, filling Posole we had ever had. Hominy and tender pork floated in an unusually thick red chile. If ever in Las Cruces, I’ll definitely return.

Reviewed 7 December 2007

I was at "The Shed" on December 7, 2007 and it was a wonderful experience. I loved the food AND the atmosphere. VERY artistic and FUN. Everyone around us was enjoying themselves and the food. The "bald" guy was present and very delightful while we noticed he was not only cooking but also trying to help the front of the house. Small, home owned restaurants don't have the luxury that chain restaurants have so don't hold "The Shed" (I LOVE the name) with too much discontent if the service seems to be a little slow when you go...just make sure you go on a day when you have some time to enjoy the music, the food and the atomsphere....I guarantee you LOVE it!
RED CHILE and BRICK OVEN PIZZAS...the best!

Reviewed 30 October 2007

I had heard about the shed from a friend and decided while visiting from Phoenix I would give it a try. The food was excellent and I haven’t had coffee so good in a long time. All the servers were extremely friendly and always around to help. The owner was so nice that when there was a child crying he brought out desert for free to all the customers in the restaurant just to thank us for not leaving. The only problem I had was it was a little difficult to find. I drove by twice before I saw the sign on the side of the building. Overall I had a great experience and would love to come back again when I am in town again