All reviews night's sleep carlsbad caverns hotel is located definitely stay here again very nice hotel great place to stay hulu tv manager walmart
Reviewed 29 June 2015

The rooms were very spacious and clean - I stayed there multiple times and sometimes got the rooms with a microwave.
The aircon tends to be noisy.
I've experienced some amazing weather in Hobbs so go prepared. Everyone can deal wtih the heat, but not many know how to drive in snow!
There's not much within walking distance for food apart from Pacific rim (pretty average). You need a car for everything else but that's standard in Hobbs.
The breakfasts are truly terrible, particularly if you want to leave early to get to work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Fabian H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear Reviewer W,

We appreciate you staying with us and taking time to share your experience.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the Air conditioning and Breakfast. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Hobbs.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Was originally looking for a hotel in Carlsbad, NM. It was booked and got sent to the Hobbs, Nm location. What a plus this turned out to be. Great new hotel and located 5 min from the new casino. The front desk agents were great with directions and getting us to the Caverns early. I would highly recommend this place for a nightly stay! AA++

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Fabian H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2015

Dear Jesse R,

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your satisfaction during your last stay.

We shared your comments with our team and we look forward to welcoming back and provide you with the level of service you expect from Hobbs Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.

Reviewed 28 April 2015

I had a quick trip to the area that required an overnight stay. I am a frequent Marriott customer, so felt comfortable that this would be a typical Fairfield. One of the paramount things I look for in a hotel stay is cleanliness. The hallway smelled musty upon arrival and the room had such an overpowering "cleaner" smell, I had to open the window for awhile. What pushed me over the edge and warranted the low review was the discovery of a used Eos lip balm under the chair (if I saw it, how did housekeeping not?) and the half eaten party size bag of nacho cheese Doritos in the nighstand top drawer. In addition, I had to plug in and reset the time on the alarm clock and clear the microwave oven. Small things, maybe, but makes me wonder what other things were forgotten by the cleaning crew that were unseen. On an up-note, the location is central and I thought the breakfast had a good variety.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Fabian H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2015

Dear Familyfour65,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your last stay. I appreciate your taking time to advise us of your issues which is the first step towards improvement of our services.

I want to assure you that appropriate actions has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use the Hobbs Fairfield Inn & Suites as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you with the level of service you deserve as a frequent traveler.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

Checkin by Cassidy ws great and the room well appointed and clean. The bed was comfortable . The bathroom had a shower which was very nice.

Room noise was bad staring around 4 am. Although the corridor was wide it carried noise very easily. The room doors closing were loud. Also there was someone or something thumping several times in the early morning. The room beside us hd small children who were not happy several times during the night. Why put families with children next to seniors?

Room Tip: Get a room without children nearby
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Fabian H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear LONDONHOBBY,

Thank you for staying at the Hobbs Fairfield Inn & Suites,We appreciate your taking time to let us know about your experience which is the first step towards improvement of our service.
Please allow me the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the noise level .
Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use the Hobbs Fairfield Inn & Suites as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you with the level of service you deserve.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

If you stay here for a night, just passing through, it's not a big deal. If you will come and go from here periodically as I am presently doing, returning in November for a week, you just get to the point where you want to avoid places like this because of the importance of the breakfast to you when staying long term. The number of days when this property was out of food, low on food, on different items on weekdays and as early as 7:30 in the morning was disturbing.

This property is in the middle of the oil patch. Finding anyone to work is a problem, in general, but if the ownership isn't willing to pay not only to obtain, but, to keep the employees who do great jobs, then I believe the result is the problem with the breakfast room staffing on weekdays at this Fairfleld. Notice I am not saying the problem is with management. I see things like this as an ownership problem. I guess that hotel breakfast rooms possibly do not have to meet inspection guidelines as restaurants must, but, if there were a surprise inspection here in the middle of the week, it wouldn't surprise me if the breakfast service was written up. The weekday service is a disaster, in my humble opinion. Weekend breakfast service is AWESOME! But, there are different people working those days. I saw, further below, someone complaining about music out of the food prep area. How about hacking, coughing? This was a chronic problem and it is hard to imagine anyone wanting someone coughing over their food, especially in light of the Ebola virus.

I would submit that the hotel ownership make a surprise visit to this property on a Thursday or a Friday, and not let it be known they are coming. Monday isn't a good day since the weekend staff help puts things in good order so the weekday staff would look good, not because of their work, but, the work of the weekend staff.

I would suggest that the weekday staff be counseled and take some lessons from the weekend staff's help. Don't think that I'm the only one who has noted problems on the breakfast room. It's an open secret among other staff and guests that there is a problem, but nobody does anything. Again, you can't get help in the oil patch if you don't pay wages to get people to stay that are doing well at their jobs. If someone on weekday services isn't willing or is unable to do the job comparable to the weekend staff, then they should be counseled, but not by management--by ownership.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Fabian H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Hello Howie, and thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites during your stay in Hobbs. We truly appreciate you staying with us. I apologize that we did not deliver the service that is expected from Fairfield Inn & Suites. Breakfast is an important part of everyday and these issues will be addressed and corrected. Your comments will be shared appropriately with our associates, managers, and ownership. I am glad to hear that the weekend staff did an awesome job. We hope that we can merit another opportunity to serve you better on your next visit to Hobbs.