“A nice option. ”

Santa Claran Hotel Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I stay in the hotel as a guest comped by the casino. The rooms are comfortable. My only complaint is the multiple tiny pillows placed on the beds. These are likely being reused by guests and don't have covers for hygiene, as I recall.
The restaurant does a good job. I always receive prompt service. The entrees are pricy but are large portions and worth the cost. The chocolate cake is the best in New Mexico and a must have.
The slots are not overly tight like the pathetic gaming at Buffalo Thunder nearby.
I go and enjoy my evenings and stay the night, not having to worry about avoiding drunk drivers trying to drive home at night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Joshua N, Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to hear that we made your stay wonderful. Thank you so much for the feedback about the pillows. We are working on getting newer fuller pillows for are beds to better the guest experience. The feedback and you have provided is valuable in helping us improve. I will make sure and pass on your comments to the restaurant team I'm sure they will be happy to hear how wonderful your stay was and how they helped with that. We hope to see you again soon. If there anything at all I can do for you please call me anytime at 505-367-4906.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Not impressed. The pillows were like shaped like chicklets and so awkward to lie on. The bed was comfortable enough. I hate bulky bedding accessories like cushions that are impossible to wash. They don't stock bathing toiletries for more than one person but thry gladly will supply some if you ask. The ice machine is not user friendly, it allows anyone to touch the entire contents of ice or scoop out the ice with unsanitary objects. There were urine drops on the floor near the toilet. The towels smelled clean enough but some had hair or stains from overstuffed washers where they didnt wash fully well. Overpriced on the weekend but the front desk staff is very friendly. Lock your cars. Try to stay in sight of security or good lighting if arriving late at night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Adriana M
Joshua N, Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Good Afternoon Adriana M,
Thank you for reviewing and staying with the Santa Claran Hotel Casino. I first would like to apologize for the parts of your stay that was not so wonderful, we try and make every stay as wonderful as possible. The feed back that you have provided us with is valuable and will help us improve in the future. We are currently looking into other pillows for are guest rooms, as well as a different way for guests to access ice. I will make sure that you suggestions also make it to housekeeping and also security so we can improve in those areas as well. We hope to see you again in the future and if there is anything you need or anything I can help with please feel free to call me anytime at 505-367-4906.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Very nice hotel. Rooms are large and clean. Bathrooms are also nice and clean. Definitely a step up from Hilton Buffalo Thunder. Unlike some casino hotels, this one won't leave you smelling like smoke.
My only criticism is that the pillows are a little small.

Stayed: July 2017
Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Santa Claran Hotel and Casino. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. We are always looking to improve the guest experience and I will talk with my team about increasing the size of the pillows. If we can assist you with anything please feel free to call me anytime at 505-367-4906.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Checked out at 12:00 ,realized my jerseys were missing,so I called hotel and let them know I left them in the hotel hanging in the closet, they were missing, staff was excellent, was not there fault, but had to be room keeping, very afraid to stay there,

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim O
Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

Thank you for reviewing are hotel and casino. I am really sorry to hear about the experience that you had here. I can assure that this was looked into at the highest level and we where able to recover the items as you know. I understand that this experience at the time was upsetting and frustrating. From everyone here at the Santa Claran we are sorry for what happened and hope that you return. If you would like to speak with me any further about this feel free to call me at 505-367-4906.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

This was my second stay at the Santa Claran. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff looked and found discounts that gave us a better price on our room. Unfortunately, I lost all the savings at the Casino.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Santa Claran Hotel and Casino. I am glad to hear that the staff went the extra mile to find discounts for your hotel stay. We look forward to having you back. If we can assist you with anything please feel free to call me anytime at 505-367-4906.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
16.3 km away
#6 of 60 in Santa Fe
6.6 km away
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)

Been to Santa Claran Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!