“Best Hotel In Town”

Santa Claran Hotel Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My wife and I stayed there on a recent trip to New Mexico and this was the best place we stayed at during the whole week. Beautiful, large rooms very tastefully decorated in the western indian style. The bathrooms are large with lot's of counter space and the towels and handclothes are like dept. store new in quality. The lobby and public areas are very inviting and decorated with high quality indian arts and crafts. Also, the rooms are very quiet and the entire place is spotless.
My only complait is that the bathrooms are not well lighted, especially the area around the mirrors, where it should be. This could be corrected by simply installing better fixtures which throw more light. Can't believe that I am the only one to notice that.
Outside of that, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor which normally are more quiet than the lowers floors.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We spent one night at this hotel last week. I was gladly surprised when we checked into our room. We got the least expensive room, and the room was pretty large, clean, and felt really nice. There was a very comfortable king size bed (my wife made the comment the next morning that we need to buy a new bed ourselves after sleeping on this one). There was a small fridge, coffee maker, and free bottles of water. The bathroom was large with plenty of space for both of us. The decor was very tastefully done. The lobby area is really pretty. There is a Starbucks in the lobby with all the usual stuff. I asked and was told that there was no room service though - so no breakfast in bed. Overall, it is a nice place to stay if you are in the Espanola area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Stayed 2 nights. Good facilities but should be as place is fairly new. Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emelian
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We are from Santa Fe NM and have traveled throughout the world including Europe and Souteast Asia. We stayed at the Santa Claran Hotel for a weekend and very much enjoyed our stay. The Santa Claran is very tastefully furnished and avoids the glitz of casino resorts.
The lobby is welcoming and done in native american elegance. Our room was very comfortable and offered views of the mountains in the distance.
The Black Mesa Steakhouse is an upscale oasis and the service was very attentive.
Elvis was at the events center and was a true pro from Las Vegas, which only cost $15. (A great value for a wonderful show).
As hotel guests we received coupons for the casino and actually made a few dollars!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2010

What a total nightmare!!! The company I was with rented almost the whole hotel for a month, so one would think the service and staff would have been more accommodating, how wrong that would be for these employees. All to top off with getting off work around 2 in the morning, with a short turn around to find out my key won't work. When i asked the person at the front desk, she told me that there was a maintenance request on my lock, and that the battery had gone out. when I asked why this was not fixed during the day, her response was; "Well, that would have been a good idea". My only option was to sleep in another room, and get into my old room when maintenance got there in the morning, making me miss my meeting. This place is a joke and the staff all seem to have a below average IQ.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank da_richa
Dennis P, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

We are looking into the items you have mentioned, we appreciate the comments, as they help us work toward excellence.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
16.3 km away
#6 of 60 in Santa Fe
6.6 km away
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)

Been to Santa Claran Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!