Summit Inn(Cloudcroft)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$70
The Crofting Inn(Cloudcroft)(Great Value!)
US$132
Classic Inn Motel(Alamogordo)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$40
US$38
Days Inn by Wyndham Alamogordo(Alamogordo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Cloudcroft Hotel(Cloudcroft)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew mattresseswarm banana breadmodern amenitiesbig daddyparking lotplace to stayroom was cleanbeddingtvbedsinternetmicrowave
Reviewed 28 November 2017

This place was great. The rooms are "dusty boots" themed, so they have a rustic look and feel, yet have all the modern amenities you need in a room. Internet was quick. TV had plenty of channels. Overall the character of the rooms was fantastic.

In slight contrast, the character of the entire place was good, not great. So I'm giving this place a 4, even though I so badly want to give it a 5.

This was my first place to stay in Cloudcroft, and it was very comfortable. I would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Dusty Boots for one day/night after several days in west Texas. I love Cloudcroft but had not been there is years so I was not familiar with the hotels. I stayed here based on the other reviews I read. I did not have one of the renovated rooms, which was disappointing. The rooms decor was old country with a few stuffed toy animals(?) and crowded with large furnishings. I was on a ground floor unit right on the parking lot. It was warm outside, the a/c was not very cool and being right on the parking lot, I didn’t want to open a window. It was also very loud right out my door. The owner was extremely nice, and had I complained about anything I am sure they would have tried to make it right, but for one night it was not worth it. I give it 4 stars for the owners; I wish them the best and hope they are successful and able to finish the rest of the renovations. Great location.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeina P
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I booked Dusty Boots knowing it is a older motel. I prefer a little more character in the mountains. Dusty Boots has it. I had a nice laid back check in with the owner. We got settled in our room early and I enjoyed sitting on the porch soaking up the mountain air. My brother had trouble logging into WiFi so the owner gladly helped him log in. All of the other guests were friendly and nice looking folks. Dusty Boots Diner was closed on Wednesday so we had a great dinner at Big Daddy's down the street. The beds are very comfortable. The room was old but clean. Who wants a cookie cutter chain in the mountains? Not me! A little extra work and this could be five star.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Had to carry our luggage up a number of cement stairs outside in light rain. Our room (the "quirky room #8") was cramped; no place to hang clothes. No electric outlet for shaver in bathroom. Two beds in two rooms were good. Lighting very poor in one. Restaurant/cafe handy; food OK. Warm banana bread delivered to your door was a nice touch, but still overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Don't choose the "quirky room" #8
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The motel is ok but not sure worth the $$. Took a shower and the tub filled up with rusty sand. Heater was hot but was gross standing in the rust water. I know they are renovating but still have a way to go. The rooms are small but manageable. We had 3 adults and was cramped.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family