“A Rare Gem in a Tiny Village”

Mi Cabanita Authentic Mexican Food
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Cloudcroft
Reviewed 17 June 2017

The building where this wonderful, small Mexican restaurant is has seen MANY restaurant owners through the last five/six years. After eating here today, I pray that these are the permanent owners. In this tiny village of Cloudcroft, there are few restaurants that make it. There are enough of us here who love Mexican food. This family owned business KNOWS authentic mexican food. Nothing comes out of a can. Everything is fresh, all the salsas are made on the premises and the plates are presented beautifully - very flavorful and colorful. My husband had the chicken enchiladas with green sauce and I told the waiter that I would have what I had just seen going to another lucky customer(so I don't know the name of the dish). What I do know is that the dish was DELICIOUS and fresh. Since there are only about mas or manas(more or less) 8 tables inside and 4 tables on the porch, If everyone shows up at the same time, some will wait longer than others since everything is made from scratch. But it's so beautiful in Cloudcroft, enjoy watching the people walk up and down the boardwalk, smell the fresh, crisp air and consider yourself lucky to be out of the heat since you're 9,000 feet high.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

After not being able to place an order at the Western Bar and Cafe we walked into this establishment. The staff were eating dinner as they had closed 30 mins earlier. One of the ladies got up from her dinner and prepared a delicious meal for us to go. Above and beyond service and great food! Highly recommend.

1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 9 June 2017

As I understand it, Mi Cabinita is a new restaurant in Cloudcroft. Whatever the case, it was a great place to eat after a long day of hiking. We enjoyed authentic Mexican food served by kind and friendly waiters. All the meals were reasonably priced, and there is a great little outdoor seating section.

Great place to eat!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

This was not a great experience. There is a sign on the door asking for patience because they are short staffed. Gave them the benefit of the doubt and tired it.

The chips are kept in a bin and it is self serve. Our batch were very hard and did not taste great. There was only enough chips for one small serving then the rest were crumbs. The food choices are limited and do not taste great. Everything was bland, so not Authentic Mexican. When they brought our food they left off a side order of beans we had to ask for three times.

Not impressed at all. I hope it gets better for them.....we should have opted for the great BBQ we heard about.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

This family-run Mexican restaurant features daily specials, friendly personal service and wonderfully authentic food. This little restaurant serves food they would make for their own family, and some of our favorites include the green chile chicken quesadilla, the carnitas, and the fresh-made salsas. My boys love the delicious aquas fresca - made with fresh fruit daliy! The menu is limited, in keeping with the tiny kitchen, but what they offer is cooked with true New Mexican flavors. The restaurant is small, and seating is limited, however additional seating is available outside on the boardwalk, to allow you to take in the delightful mountain air. For a taste of the Southwest at 9000 feet above stress level, this is a great place to eat!