“Spa was disappointing”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Infinina Spa
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The European facial involved no pampering. The lady said she only worked on day a week so maybe the other ladies are better. She used hot towels instead of a facial streamer and only did extractions for less than 2 minutes. She put a facial mask on me and sat and waited for it to dry. No massage whatsoever. Not worth the money.

1  Thank MrsJPN
There are newer reviews for Infinina Spa

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've had plenty of great massages at the Fountain in Hackensack, Christine Valmay in River Edge, Hilton Parsippany, etc.. however this was not one of them. The ambiance was more like a nail salon with a few seat in the back for the spa area. A small bowl of pears, and a water cooler with no cups. Wonder how I was supposed to have a drink of water??? The massage was mediocre at best, with the lights not dimming and a cold ceiling fan blowing air around. I clearly heard noises from upstairs and behind the walls the whole time. Never were we offered robes or slippers, we were simply told to undress and lay on the table. My massage was supposed to be 60 minutes but was 45, he started at 10:05 and finished at 10:50. After having oils and lubes all over you, you are expected to put your clothes back on and leave. The showers are in an adjacent room to the gym and never is it explained to you that you can utilize this area, in fact the door was locked to enter it. Normally after any massage you are offered water immediately after to hydrate, ummm there was no offering just a sales pitch to get you to buy another massage. The place looks run down with a shotty paint job, and 3 chairs in a very tight area. The rooms are very small and I would not suggest this place. The Hilton in Parsippany has a million times better ammenities with the fresh fruit, champagne, slippers & robes, and ambiance all for $20 more per massage. Would not return, and Hilton should be ashamed to have this associated with their very nice hotel.

7  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The massage itself was - eh. As far as tha "spa" - not even close! Near impossible to get an appointment (no one ever seems to answer the phone.). The place is tiny and dingy, located in a converted hotel room on the level below the lobby. Squeaky chairs, no uniforms, can hear the receptionist while you get a massage. Therapist didn't communicate things like, "I'm going to rip the bolster from beneath you now". No posh waiting area, lighting was poor, massage table was small, sheets weren't nice, no pillow, temperature was erratic, therapist ran out of the room when she finished and met me (after I tipped) with a warm bottle water. If you want to relax and be pampered, book at The Fountain in Ramsey. Regular price is pretty much the same at both places, and one thousand times a better experience. Wish I had read reviews before I bought the Groupon. I usually do, but naively assumed that a spa in a Hilton would be nice. (I've read since that they're not affiliated. This Hilton should remove that spa, if they want to save their good name.)

4  Thank LadyPacc
Reviewed 15 August 2013

As per spa web site “Our warm welcome awaits you”….. well, I think that owners need to brush up on welcoming skills.

My appointment was canceled twice 24 hrs prior to the servicer under the excuse "i do not know who booked it, esthetician is on vacation tomorrow". Next available appointment would be month later..... and I am not talking about weekend appointments. I was trying to get it for Friday at 4 pm...... Come on.
So I talked to owner ( Joanne) who did not even offer anything for the inconvenience but just said "so do you want to reschedule or not"

Horrible, horrible, horrible. I would be taking my business somewhere else.

2  Thank Ginger1975
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This review is for the spa only, I did not stay at the hotel. I received a Groupon gift certificate for a facial and paraffin hand treatment. I had the same experience as some others regarding messages not being returned nor the appointment being confirmed. Although the staff was nice enough once you got there, the overall feeling was of someone running it out of their house rather than as a relaxation destination. There was a corner shelf display by the reception desk, and the boxes that the display came in were left underneath it in clear view. Their bathroom had a basket w/ cloth hand drying towels, but only two were available: I don't mean only two were clean, I mean only two towels were in it. (Since I used the room right after someone else, tough luck for anyone immediately following me.) Also in the reception area was a sign stating tips were required to be paid in cash in at 20%, never saw that before. Since I was there for an hour, I noticed about halfway in that the same CD was set to repeat, and frankly it sounded like it had only one very long song on it. No robes, no changing room (unless you count the bathroom), no real lounge area. I wouldn't describe it as a spa, more like a nail salon environment w/ add on services. I didn't receive the hand treatment. When I asked, they said the certificate was for a European facial which didn't include it. I didn't check until I returned home that the e-mail clearly states it, but not worth fighting over. Barely worth the experience if you receive a free service, not worthwhile if you have to pay for anything.

3  Thank Lisa L

Been to Infinina Spa? Share your experiences!