“Skip it!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Infinina Spa
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The massage itself was - eh. As far as tha "spa" - not even close! Near impossible to get an appointment (no one ever seems to answer the phone.). The place is tiny and dingy, located in a converted hotel room on the level below the lobby. Squeaky chairs, no uniforms, can hear the receptionist while you get a massage. Therapist didn't communicate things like, "I'm going to rip the bolster from beneath you now". No posh waiting area, lighting was poor, massage table was small, sheets weren't nice, no pillow, temperature was erratic, therapist ran out of the room when she finished and met me (after I tipped) with a warm bottle water. If you want to relax and be pampered, book at The Fountain in Ramsey. Regular price is pretty much the same at both places, and one thousand times a better experience. Wish I had read reviews before I bought the Groupon. I usually do, but naively assumed that a spa in a Hilton would be nice. (I've read since that they're not affiliated. This Hilton should remove that spa, if they want to save their good name.)

4  Thank LadyPacc
There are newer reviews for Infinina Spa

Reviewed 15 August 2013

As per spa web site “Our warm welcome awaits you”….. well, I think that owners need to brush up on welcoming skills.

My appointment was canceled twice 24 hrs prior to the servicer under the excuse "i do not know who booked it, esthetician is on vacation tomorrow". Next available appointment would be month later..... and I am not talking about weekend appointments. I was trying to get it for Friday at 4 pm...... Come on.
So I talked to owner ( Joanne) who did not even offer anything for the inconvenience but just said "so do you want to reschedule or not"

Horrible, horrible, horrible. I would be taking my business somewhere else.

2  Thank Ginger1975
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This review is for the spa only, I did not stay at the hotel. I received a Groupon gift certificate for a facial and paraffin hand treatment. I had the same experience as some others regarding messages not being returned nor the appointment being confirmed. Although the staff was nice enough once you got there, the overall feeling was of someone running it out of their house rather than as a relaxation destination. There was a corner shelf display by the reception desk, and the boxes that the display came in were left underneath it in clear view. Their bathroom had a basket w/ cloth hand drying towels, but only two were available: I don't mean only two were clean, I mean only two towels were in it. (Since I used the room right after someone else, tough luck for anyone immediately following me.) Also in the reception area was a sign stating tips were required to be paid in cash in at 20%, never saw that before. Since I was there for an hour, I noticed about halfway in that the same CD was set to repeat, and frankly it sounded like it had only one very long song on it. No robes, no changing room (unless you count the bathroom), no real lounge area. I wouldn't describe it as a spa, more like a nail salon environment w/ add on services. I didn't receive the hand treatment. When I asked, they said the certificate was for a European facial which didn't include it. I didn't check until I returned home that the e-mail clearly states it, but not worth fighting over. Barely worth the experience if you receive a free service, not worthwhile if you have to pay for anything.

3  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently visited the Hilton in Woodcliff Lake. I was stressed from my long travels and needed to relax. I went to the pools and they were nice, but the baby's crying didn't help. I ate in the restaurant, it too was nice, but it was just OK. Then I saw there was a Spa, So I made an appointment for a Facial and Massage. The owner, Janine, gave me the facial and the massage was done by Jackie. I was completely relaxed when done. They made the rest of my stay go so much better. They strove to make me relaxingly relaxed.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Whatever has been said below, is true. We bought 2 Groupons for the massage/facial and made it into a gals' overnight getaway. We arrived 15 minutes early and were greeted by a locked entrance. We sat on the floor and waited till someone came, "sorry, we were at lunch". Relaxation area, if any is sparse, wrought iron peacock chairs, and a padded bench which is located in a walkway/ hallway is the spot were you relax. We changed in the locker rooms and be prepared, there are no locks on the lockers. No slippers at all, so you bring your own, wear your street shoes or go barefoot. This room is open to those using the workout room and spa. The room I had my facial in had bare floors and the ceiling fan was in need of a long overdue dusting.
The person who gave me my facial was also the owner of the spa. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate it a 4, there was no finesse in the treatment, I could hear her wiping her hands on the sheet covering the table, music was loud and the floors absorbed no noise, so any footsteps sounded loud.
My massage therapist Joan was perfect. One drawback was the table, it seemed to be a portable one with a 'blow up' headrest.
All the employees were in street clothes, my therapist Joan, was the only one who had a 'jacket' on. She also seemed the most professional, speaking in a soft voice with the proper amounts of 'can I get you anything'? . When we were checking out, we were offered the same special as the Groupon, but declined (wise choice). I had only bought 2 of the specials, but instead of charging me 'a la carte' prices, the owner extended the deal to me, which was so appreciated. But, when I went to charge it to my room, I couldn't..... I was told the spa is independently and is not associated with the hotel. I contacted Hilton in regards to the spa, it's just not Hilton worthy. The spa needs help. We were pleased with the hotel, but when choosing/comparing spas, I know we'll say, "I hope it's NOT like the one in Woodcliff Lake."
I hope they will be able to bring their standards up, improvements are needed. The owner told me her hands were tied, she wants to upgrade but Hilton won't allow her to do what she wants. This does have the potential of being a good spa.

2  Thank 2toots

Been to Infinina Spa? Share your experiences!