1,476 results
All reviews hill view kids club breakfast buffet pool bar biggest bed breakfast was amazing five star hotel amazing hotel pool staff garden villa a sea view room the guest relations manager private beach pool side live band star service night market
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We travelled 9 hours with young kids to get here. Least to say we were exhausted beyond measure when we landed! The refreshing mix of drinks totally worked their charm! When we were led to our rooms, we quickly changed and were ready for dinner. We chose Casa Italiana for dinner on our first night there and were not disappointed. By far, some of the best pizzas we have had!

Breakfast next day was fabulous! Spread was amazing and despite being vegetarians we found lots of options to chose from! Only negative (if I have to pick!) was language barrier. Sometimes we did not get what we wanted because of the language issue..

We loved the beach and the pool. I have to add - the french fries we ordered at the pool side were some of the best we have ever had! The kids and adults alike lapped them up!

The staff is soooooo good, they know what you ordered the previous day at breakfast and are ready with it even before you ask for it! We were super impressed!

The rooms were large and comfortable! Only downside was the army of mozzies if you dared to venture out of the room in evenings!

I also want to commend the Kids Club for their activities to keep the kids engaged and the teacher was amazing handling all of them on her own!

We had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Carry lots of mosquito repellants
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 5shyams
Jeevan T, General Manager at Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear 5Shyams

Xin Chao, Thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

We are delighted that we could offer you our great personalized service and hopefully we were also able to create some memorable moments throughout your stay.

As you know without constructive feedback and appreciation it is not possible to attain excellence, I shall cascade your appreciation to the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on contact@salindaresort.com directly, should we be of help for any further assistance or booking.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Following our stay in 2017, we visited again in March 2018.
Is it the champagne breakfasts that are the best we've had at any 5* hotel anywhere in the world, or the service of everyone, or the location, or the rooms that make this a great place to stay?
Naah - It's Jeevan Thomas (the Manager), Anup (Guest Relations Manager), Caroline and Hong (Guest Experience), and all the staff from the gardeners and room attendants to the reception staff and restaurant staff that make this a great choice.
Yes, the Marriot, Intercontinental and other bix box brands are coming but, honestly, the Salinda is THE place to stay. Try it, you won't regret it!

PS - We plan to stay again for the 3rd time in 2019 - says it all!

Room Tip: Any room would be good
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Startrecker

Dear Startrecker

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed at The Salinda for 7 nights as our "chill out" week after visiting Hong Kong and Hanoi previously. We booked it on the strength of TA reviews, and the fact that the hotel seemed the most suited to our needs, i.e. a luxury resort, on the beach, with a fair amount of bars and restaurants nearby.

What an excellent choice this turned out to be, so much so that we didn't leave the hotel (except to eat on an evening), and spent all day, every day, lazing around their wonderful swimming pool.

I can't run out of enough good things to say about The Salinda, but I'll try and make a start:-

1/ Free pick up from the airport - all done swiftly and easily (just drop the hotel an email in advance) and you get dropped off at the hotel in 10 minutes in a nice air conditioned vehicle (the ride back to the airport at the end was the same).

2/ First impressions - were very good. The reception area is light and airy. The hotel is extremely well laid out and guests privacy is obviously paramount. Lifts are efficient with no annoying waits.

3/ Our room. Fantastic. We upgraded to a sea view room after booking a mountain view room initially (I organised the upgrade directly through the hotel and the communication was excellent). We were so glad that we'd upgraded. The room was of a very good size, the bed was ENORMOUS, and the bathroom was of a larger than average size too, as was the balcony. The loungers on the balcony were the most luxurious I've ever sat on. The air conditioning worked an absolute treat - it kept our room nice and cold and was very quiet.

4/ Breakfast - OMG, where do I start. There is everything and more on this fantastic buffet. We found ourselves going down early, just so that we could take at least an hour and a half over breakfast as it was such a great chill out place. Excellent service, excellent coffee, excellent all around. Amongst the best we've ever had in the Far East.

5/ The pool area - beautiful. The pool boys are an absolute delight. So helpful and smiley. They literally run to help you with the umbrellas and one young man got to know our habits over the week and knew our timings for putting up/taking down (I'm regret not catching his name so that I can compliment him directly).

6/ Staffing levels - never have I seen a hotel so well staffed. They are obviously very well trained around customer service and this shows 100% of the time.

7/ Location - if I'm honest, the beach isn't great. The immediate vista outside the hotel is pretty, but it's not very walkable further up or down with lots of trash and jagged pieces of metal jutting out. I don't like the sand anyway but this was a bit of a disappointment not to be able to walk along the beach for some much needed exercise.

8/ The immediate area - a decent choice of restaurants just over the road. Our favourite was Lin Da, but to be fair, we didn't have a bad meal at any of them. All cheap. It's worth a walk to Rory's beach bar about 20 minutes up the road - we did this 5 nights out of the 7. Drinks are more expensive, but it's worth it for the sunset views.

OK, so a hotel can never be that perfect, and if I was going to offer some constructive criticism I can only think of two things. Firstly, the pool bar would really benefit from a happy hour. Drinks are expensive and we do really enjoy a couple of pre-dinner drinks at the hotel before venturing out. A happy hour would have encouraged us to do this. And secondly, for the standard of hotel the sunbeds are quite uncomfortable. I would expect some kind of mattress topper in a hotel of this standard. But that's just me being REALLY picky!!

We spent the remaining nights of our holiday at different hotels comparing them to The Salinda, i.e. "this and that isn't as good as the Salinda". Testament to a great place. I would 100% return and recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JollyHolidayer

Dear Jollyholidayer

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I really enjoyed being at Salina, it's a great resort with a great service. The rooms are big with all the amenities you need. The bathroom has a good shower. The cleaning lady's do a great job. All the resort is beautiful, every day you discover new spots you can relax and read or do whatever you like. The beach is also good, and the guys that work there are always cleaning the water, some times wood or plastic appears and just go and clean it. The breakfast is soooo great, you have so many things, impossible to try everything even if you are there for a week! The restaurants. We went several times to the Indian restaurant witch is very good but I did not like the vietnamite restaurant, to be honest I saw several dishes that looked great, I do think my choice was bad, only went there once, so I do think if you go there you should try it. The spa is one of the best I've ever been, excellent massages, it's a Thai spa so it's much better then vietnamite massages. Swimming pool is also very nice with a great water temperature. We meet the public relations of the hotel, very polite and always trying to make you stay better. The only thing I need to say that is not that good is the hair products , the shampoo is average but the conditioner? Does simply not work, have to go and buy one since the one I took was finish, do lady's take your hair mask. Great resort would return in minute.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank rcoimbra

Dear Rcoimbra

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed middle of March 2018 staff was very helpful and rooms were very clean and a good size with balcony.
Pool area was very good , clean and plenty of sun beds and service around the pool was perfect. Hotel is on the beach so you have the choice of the pool or the sea .
Location was perfect for us as we hired a moped from over the road from the hotel for about £4 a day . The hotel has 3 restaurants Indian Italian and vietnamese we went into the Indian and Vietnamese restaurants and both were perfect obviously a lot more expensive than if you eat outside the hotel . In our eyes perfect hotel and would recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple