See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 January 2016

I had a decent sized room with fan, wifi, hot shower, tv, fridge, Ac( I dont use ac as I am used to the climate). The whole hotel complex was not busy (most other places looked quiet as well) The room was cleaned and sheets/towels cleaned every day. Being an older resort (it is more than a hotel) my room could do with a fresh coat of paint but other than that is was clean. The on site restaurant is closed but there are some just across the road and the lane to the beach is 1 minute away, another 3-4 minute walk and your on the clean beach. The staff were always friendly and helpfull. Unfortunately at the time of my visit the sides of the main road out side the resort are being paved and will have a grass area as well so walking along the road could be better and it will be as as at the town end of the road paving slabs are already going down. If you want a quiet place(it has a garden and a pool as well) just away from the beach you wont go wrong here. Before I left I read the earlier reviews and could not find any reason to support the negative ones. I chose this place as I have a friend living there last winter and again this winter... he knows all the options in the area and certainly gave me good advice... If I got back I'll stay here again no problem

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 31 December 2014

The hotel is not on the beach. The beach is about a 5 min walk across the hwy and down a bunch of dirt lanes. The resort seems to be under renovation as the gardens look like they have been worked on and there is a beautiful pool area with a waterfall, but it is not working (the water is green). The rooms are plain, with very old bathrooms that have ants. We also had a cockroach in our room. The beds are very uncomfortable as compared to Canadian mattresses.Their staff were pleasant and tried to be as helpful as possible, but spoke little english. The plugs in the room were so loose we couldn't get the TV to work, and to power our cell phones was a challenge. It might be beautiful in a few years, not but today, unless you are looking for a real, cheap deal - they go for it.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2014

The owner and his wife do not know what customer service is. They only care about your money, how to rip you off, treating their staff poorly and how to ruin your vacation. Stay far away from this place.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2014

The hotel has big green area with six-storeyed museum, temple, good restaurant and shop. We lived in a small house looking to the garden. Prices for the rooms are about 10 dollars. Road to the beach took about 5 minutes. The staff of this hotel is very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights in Coi Nguon in February 2014. We had a twin room and it was awesome. It was a big room with two big and comfy beds, refrigerator, TV, shower with hot water.
The room was really clean and comfortable. We paid 15 dollars for the room for 1 night (not a bad deal at all). The rate for the room was more, but because we stayed many nights we got to bargain of the price. The hotel had also free computer to use in the lobby and really nice staff.
They also served good food on their restaurant and prices for the food and drinks were pretty good as we were on a small budget.

We can totally recommend this place!!!

ONE MORE THING!!!

When we left the Island we booked the boat/bus ticket back to Saigon from the travel agency (Phu Quoc Beach Travel - Add:118/1 Tran Hung Dao St, Duong Dong Town) across the road from this hotel.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

The girl working there said that the ticket includes ALL transfers from the hotel to the ferry + from the ferry to the bus station and from Saigon bus station to the area we were going.
We asked many times ( I even wrote it to their business card to make it clear ) that we are gonna stay in district 1 in Saigon. She said that their company's driver will give us a lift there when we are in Saigon. The last part wasn't true at all!
First of all, the ticket she wrote to us said that from Saigon bus station their company's driver will take us to district 10 where they have their office. Well the minibus drove us to district 5 to their other office.

After that we asked that could they now take us ( there were 5 people altogether & they all had heard the same thing from the girl who sold them the tickets in Phu Quoc) to district 1.
The company's personel were really rude and just said that we should take a taxi or pay for them to take us to district 1. Well we tried to explain that the girl had told all of us that everything should be ok and paid and we shouldn't pay more. After a while I asked if they could call to the office in Phu Quoc. It took "awhile" but then they called and I could talk with the girl who had sold the tickets to all of us. She just said that we have to pay for taxi or what ever and it's up to us how we go to district 1.

She said that she hadn't said anything about the transfer to district 1.
After arguing a while she then said "whatever" and hang up the phone! Nice :D
So what could we do now. Of course they had their taxi waiting outside their office, but we though that we'll rather walk and so we did.

So this is not a big deal, but it was so annoying that the girl denied all the things she had said
(to all of us. 5 person) and then just hang up the phone.
The prices (ferry/bus tickets to Saigon) are the same pretty much in all the travel agencies in Phu Quoc, so don't buy the tickets from this office -->
Phu Quoc Beach Travel (Phu Quoc Beach Travel - Add:118/1 Tran Hung Dao St, Duong Dong Town). The minibuses this company uses were called Kumho Samco Buslines.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple