See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We did stay here 24 til 29th of december 2012. We didn't book on forhand so there where only 4 availeble hotels left. The owner of this hotel was realy helpfull. We did have to move roam avery day, they where fully booked. We did stay in room 1: cheapest 25dollar, but smal and it comes with big spiders and lots of noise..., room 3: middel roam 30 dollar, perfect, clean, no possible spiders or musquitos and quit! A garden roam, forgot the number, 35 dollar, very hard beds but biger. Al the roams comes with a/c and are clean!
5 minutes walk from the beach and about 20 minutes walk to the center / night market.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Beware if you are thinking of booking this hotel. I don't usually write reviews and being 27 would not always be bothered about the hotels we stay in but if you are going to phu quoc there are so many better places you could stay and really enjoy what the island has to offer. The building shown is a very strange museum not the hotel where your room will be. You have your breakfast of one item and one drink off the list they give you included, (i.e one pancake and an iced tea) in the museum part in a large room with no air conditioning, stained table cloths and faded promotional photos of phu quoc in broken frames (an indication of what the museum is like). The actual room we stayed in (room 2) was the standard room and reminded us of the prison we visited in Hanoi. The room walls are plaster board and there are gaps all around the ceiling, the door had gaps underneath it and let in spiders and mosquitos. The bathroom was a toilet, wall shower and sink all in one room and smelt of damp. There were damp stained towels in there when we arrived. As there was no sound proofing to the room whatsoever the two dogs at the hotel would run up and down the corridor barking and howling all night. We asked at reception if we could upgrade to the next best room but when we saw it, this was no better and $15 more expensive per night. I ended up with 20+ bites on my legs and feet from the bed bugs and having disturbed sleep. The hotel is not near to the centre of town or the night market and is about a 20-25 minute walk. The bar/restaurant borders the main road and does not offer a pretty view. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach but I would really advise you look for something else as most of the accommodation is based on the beach so this offers no real benefit. The staff were quite pleasant but really not of any help throughout our whole stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank charlotte206
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Loads of problems during my stay! The shower was broken, they don't clean the road to the bungalows and I felt there and hurt myself! But now the key thing...I've paid for my stay 3 times and when I went to try to solve this issue the staff was rude and didn't solve anything at all and so far I had no refund!! Like some one said...I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemies!! Don't go to this place...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank PauloOliveira82
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Coi Nguon Hotel is lovely - it's not a 5-star luxury or boutique hotel with everything finely manicured and perfect, but this is what makes Coi Nguon (and Phu Quoc) charming.

We'd stay there again, especially if the local beachfront bungalows were booked out (this happens often!).

Taxi to "Coi Nguon Museum" from airport was around USD$7

Large grounds in the modest settlement of bungalows, which are located behind a multi-story museum and cultural centre. There's a temple on grounds also.

The centre acts as a Sea Eagle sanctuary, these beautiful birds can be seen in cages and around the grounds.
Helpful, reliable moto rental at USD$7.50 /day.
Kind, helpful, efficient staff, all with some - and most with good - English.
Free wifi works in rooms and around grounds.
Free Breakfast (choose the excellent Pho, not the western meals which are a bit uninspiring).

Room Tip: Further away from the Sea Eagles and roosters if you don't like being woken up when the birds do.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The Coi Nguon Phu Quoc Hotel is a fabulous place, very friendly staff and helpful. the place is 5 mins walk from the beach and close to nice places to eat! the grounds are large and the museum is a very interesting review of the islands history!

They sreve great food and there is a nice little bar to have a drink, they also have a shop on site selling everything you might need for a trip to the beach!

i highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: the bungalows on the north side are a little quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo