“Room 402”
Review of Essensa Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Essensa Inn
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed 4 January 2013

It was far more than I expected in the photos and pics shown here. Kinda showroom for me. Cabinets do have smell that's why I kept it closed and big pillows scattered on it when I opened. No floor mats in case of drippings on the floor. You better asked for it. Low water at the lavatory (it's 4th floor anyways). Remote controls of tv and aircon doesn't function much. I stayed for 2days and extended another day but they just gave me 2 towels (duh). But still, I prefer to come back here and hope they improved their service the next time I visit. I even left them with the sweet smile of Bacolodbon and present specialties of Biscocho and Piaya. Hope they like it....But still thank you for accommodating.....God Bless!!!

Room Tip: Well, just love to be on the window side...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This hotel is a perfect choice for backpackers. For Php 800 per rm per nt you get a standard room. Its near SBMA gate - one jeep ride to SM Olongapo or 5mins if you brought your car. But there is all to it. Their front office service is poor. Their wifi in the room is only available for select guests - maybe those who paid more than me. So if you have paid only 800pesos you get a wifi only in the lobby. This is a total DESCRIMINATION!!! I encountered a receptionist who does not even smile when i pass by in the morning. No hot water in the room. And although this hotel is quite new, their ceiling and other amenities show wear and tear.Their bedsheets have a trace of blood . It says in their website there is a kitchenette but you have to pay for every usage.

I've seen their higher priced room and it's much more bigger than the standard room. So, if you have the budget go for the bigger room.

The only good thing about this hotel is their price and that;s it. Don't be mislead by what you see in their website. If you have no choice and budget is the only thing on your mind then this can be an option.

Room Tip: P.S. Do not get RM 405 - bed springs are are all knocked out, no good. you'll wake up with a bad...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pechto
Reviewed 6 June 2012

first of all, you will be surprised at its price. P1500 for a nice room with 15 inch LCD, airconditioning, tasteful and i mean tasteful furnishings. wow. Its worth much more than that. its roomy enough, there is a cabinet, rainfall shower, hot water, shampoo conditioner toothbrush.. wow. AND FREE BREAKFAST!

The biggest downside is that the wifi is only available in the lobby, but there is an office where you can work 24-7. I saw the cheapest place in subic, which is herbie's mansion which is nowhere near this place. If this was inside subic, the room would be worth twice the price!

there is also limited parking, but there is a night guard in the first floor convenience store. The place is very near the LIONS HEAD and about 3 km from SBMA.

Room Tip: get one near the lobby for wifi coverage
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank thefilipinobulldog
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Inns are a hit and miss choice. This time we were very lucky. For the price you get a lot more than the basics at the higher standards than most with very helpful staff to boot. Relax at the roofdeck it sure is pretty. I wish all the inns are the same.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chatocharles
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My family and I, and some family friends were first time travellers to Subic and Olongapo so we were absolutely clueless of where to stay there. I was tasked to look for a place to stay there, and i just relied on pure research online. I chose this place primarily because it was amongst in the bracket of the affordable ones in that district. I managed to book 4 rooms online with no hassle and got confirmations. When we arrived there, we were treated nicely by their super friendly staff. The inn was situated on the second floor of the building, so you need to climb a flight of stairs to get there. The place had a spa-ish feel to it, but The rooms were small as to what I expected, but it was manageable, what is important is that it was very clean. The interiors were modern and the colors were very modern black-white feel. The bed was huge, comfy and clean. There was a fridge, a small flat tv, a water heater, complimentary coffee, etc. and breakfast. There's a small convenient store downstairs and a parking area for those who brought a ride, like we did. The staff were really accomodating to all our questions regarding the subic and olongapo and they were even the ones who suggested where to go, what to eat, what to try, etc. I would definitely stay here again, actually, I've been selling this place to friends who plan to go to subic and gapo.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family