All reviews room service excellent location superior deluxe room no elevator walking street pleasure of staying pay cash cable channels night life large room the ground floor checking out action security angeles nightlife philippines
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Good price, very friendly staff, clean, good location, i have been there many times, they remember my name. Always cash discount And many times they have promotion if you stay not only one night. Really worth the price!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZsoltMeszaros
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I spent 9 days at this hotel. First the Good... central location and the staff were excellent. From the desk to maintenance to security. Friendly, efficient, attentive 100 percent professional, an absolute pleasure. I could not imagine better. The rooms were spacious and clean, the bed large and comfortable. Housekeeping was great. Though this hotel had no pool, you could get a pass to their sister hotel, The Queens Hotel and use the facilities there. The staff at the Queens were equally professional.

Sounds like I should give them more than 3 stars, right? Well there are two things that made it almost inacceptable to stay there, and unless they resolve the issues, could not stay there again and cannot recommend this hotel.

When I first arrived I was surprised that they was no air conditioning in the hotel. In fact they do not air condition the common areas at all, front desk, hallways and stairs. Yes there are air conditioning units here but tgey were not being used. It is 95 degrees and sweltering outside and the i terior at times must have been appraoching 110 degrees. Now of course heet rises, and on the top floor it felt like a sauna. It was like being in an attic without an exhaust fan. You are give one soldered ring two keys for the room. One unlocks the door, one turns on the power. So when I got to my room, it was just as hot as the hallway. It took a good hour to cool down the room to acceptable levels. You cannot separate the keys from the ring, thus, when you you leave the room all power goes off. The room goes back to sauna temperatures very quicky. My friend decided to go to a locksmith and make a copy of the room key to resolve this issue. Still, leaving the room meant returning the the sauna in the hallway and the room later upon your room will be the same.

The second issue was the internet. Apparently internet in the country is not high quality, but just staying connected to wifi in the room was near impossible. My friend had called down to maintenace a dozen times to address the issue. The routers are cheap and hung in te hallway and do not meet the needs of the customers. If i wasn’t standing by the door or under the router in the hallway I could not maintain a reliable connection.

So unfortunately I cannot recommend this hotel. If they do not addess the cooling and internet issue don’t go. There are many options in Angeles. The sister hotel Queens was airconditioned throughout, so maybe a better option but internet near the pool was spotty.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I have always stayed at the Royal Amsterdam since its opening. Great accommodating staff. Restaurant has various international foods to choose from. The location is central and the rooms go from small to Penthouse spacious with suite with jacuzzi. They are always improving the hotel. Airport pick up and drop off are always on time and flexible if your flight is delayed. The services they provide from restaurant to maids are great. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I have stayed in this hotel for 6 different occasions. All staffs in this hotel are very friendly. I only had good experience and no bad experiences at all.They always greet me with a pleasant smile. There was once the wifi was very bad in my room. Once i informed them about the issue, they immediately rectified the issue by placing a router in my room and signal was excellent. I had fever during the last visit. I had my medicines and the hotel front desk staffs were very helpful by giving me hot water whenever i request for free and always check with me if i am getting better or do I need to go and see a doctor. Absolute excellent and helpful Staffs.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kughan K
Reviewed 13 March 2018

If you want to be in the middle of what happens in Angeles , just stay in Amsterdam Hotel. Rooms are great, Staff is very friendly and we always come back there every year. Everything is just on walking distance.

Room Tip: Superior Room on Fields side
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends