Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark(Clark Freeport Zone)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$119
US$34
US$29
Priceline
Red Planet Angeles City(Angeles City)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$29
US$140
US$64
Areiv Inn(Mabalacat)
US$27
US$22
Agoda.com
All reviewsfields avenueroom serviceexcellent locationsuperior deluxe roomno elevatorwalking streetcentral locationpleasure of stayingpay cashcable channelsentertainment areanight lifelarge roomthe ground floorhot waterchecking outsized bed
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Booked on Hotels.com
Excellent location on Walking street
Staff Friendly,
NO Elevators
Room on 3 rd floor,Large room,Great shower
Our room had a smell of smoke in it,asked for Non Smoking but there are None

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gordon183
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I stayed 3 days at the Royal Amsterdam hotel in early December. The rate I received was very reasonable and upon check in I was very impressed with staff and the decor of each level. I must say that it all had a very authentic feel with rich wood panels and a beautiful courtyard in the centre. If you're looking for peace and tranquility of the chaos of walking street this is certainly the place for you.

Positives: The location is excellent, you are in the middle of walking street and it's so convenient to go where you want to go. There are plenty of places to eat in the area and a lot of great Korean restaurants you can try your hand at. The room itself is nicely set up, a lot of space and it's one of the rare places that have carpet. Again the decor in the lobby is very nice and appealing. The hotel also provides an extra blanket in case the AC is too cold which I found particularly useful. The bed is very comfortable and there are plenty of channels on the TV.

Negatives (Must Read): I found the Wifi wasn't the greatest depending on which room you're in. I found that it wasn't very strong or reliable and in order to make a call using data I had to situate myself closer to the door so my calls wouldn't cut out. There isn't any shampoo provided so if you plan to wash your hair during your stay you need to bring your own. Along with that there isn't a blow dryer either so you'll have to let your hair air dry. Finally if you request extra towels they will charge you 30 pesos per day per towel. I've never been charged before for requesting extra towels in any other hotel I've ever stayed at. Usually I tip the cleaning staff a little extra and they provide them but when checking out I was surprised to see a charge of 60 pesos for the 2 extra towels I requested upon check in.

Aside from all that I think the value of the hotel out weighs some of the issues. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget because the location, room and service can't be beat. I would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Mandrake50
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The staff has been there for a long time and very little turnover. This means you can trust them. They make the stay really much like you are a king in a castle. The bathrooms used to be my most disliked area there but that has been remodeled and now a big improvement. The wait staff and security are very professional and curteous. Front desk girls and management all A1. I remember staying once when they were remodeling and the noise level was high. Even though they gave us a 50% discount....the manager still checked in with patrons personally and offered me a stay for free at the sister hotel if I needed it. Furniture in good shape and the carpets and decor well kept. Strong WiFi in my room and other areas of the hotel. The only con would be the air-conditioning unit. It blows straight to the bed so you get cold when sleeping and too hot if you turn it off. The new blankets are a negative compared to the ones they used to have in the past. Location is awesome and even when you are drunk and turned around on fields avenue it is hard to miss as it is centrally located and easy to spot from either side of the strip. I've stayed there over 10 times and will always stay there and recommend it. Unless you are looking for high luxury then this is your best bet in the moderate price range.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank barnes_mario73
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Suggestion:
Get the room with the biggest balcony.

Initially, I booked for the bigger room with balcony via agoda. When we checked in, we we're advised that our room doesnt have a balcony, I was confused because the receptionist said that sometimes, the picture in agoda is not true from the actual. Im like WTF??? Considering that its almost usd150-200/night. Since I smoke, I needed a room with a balcony because I dont like going up and down the bldg just for a cigarette. The receptionist told us that if we want to upgrade to a room with balcony, we should pay Eur60 for 3 nights. Im disappointed but we have no choice. However, the room did not disappoint us. Its BIG! The floor area can fit 2 rooms, and our balcony is almost the size of 2 balconys. Indeed its the biggest room. Also, there's a water heater for coffee. The beds are heavenly. The high ceiling brings that light feeling. The tv has cable channels.

The only downside for me is the bathroom because its super small. The shower room is ok but the other parts of the bathroom are narrow.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017

During my visit to Angeles City in the Pampanga Province of the Philippines, I had the pleasure of staying here at the Hotel Royal Amsterdam. Prior to booking the hotel, I looked at many pictures and reviews of the property and had a good feeling about it. I booked a room at the property (a Superior Deluxe Room) prior to my arrival in the Philippines. It turned out to be one of my best hotel stays in a long time.

I loved the location of the hotel. It is located right smack dab in the middle of all of the bars and restaurants (Walking Street). As soon as you walk out of the hotel, the action is all around you and I found that to be very convenient. The great thing is that the walls are apparently insulated, which shields you from the outside noise of the nightlife on Walking Street.

The hotel has security and that was evident upon my arrival. The security and staff greeted me cordially and professionally. Check-in was super smooth and painless. The hotel has a special where they give you 10% off of the total price if you pay in cash, which is what I did and I thought that was a very good deal. Anyhow, I was very amazed when I entered and saw the room.

The room was exceptionally clean. My room was definitely one of the cleanest rooms that I ever stayed in at a hotel. Everything that I needed as a traveler was provided by Hotel Royal Amsterdam. The room had SUPER FAST Wi-Fi. There was a nice and new looking flat paneled television with had cable channels available for my viewing pleasure. There was ample workspace. The bathroom and shower were seemingly new and spotless. Every piece of linen that I needed was provided. The air-conditioner worked like a charm (I love to keep my room cold). I cannot think of any problem that I had with this hotel during my stay.

A real bonus is that there is a nice restaurant inside the hotel that serves great food, to include my favorite- American breakfast. The staff in the restaurant was very much like the hotel staff, very cordial and pleasant to deal with.

My stay here was absolutely great and I went I return to Angeles City, I will definitely reserve my room at Hotel Royal Amsterdam. A GREAT PLACE!

Room Tip: Nice American Breakfast in the restaurant!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo