All reviews room service excellent location superior deluxe room no elevator walking street pleasure of staying pay cash cable channels night life large room the ground floor checking out action security angeles dina nightlife
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Positives – A large attractive room, central location, good value and wifi.

Negatives – problems with hot water, no toiletries (bar soap), prices errors for restaurant.

Details
I stayed for 3 nights in January 2017. The hotel is in the middle of Fields Avenue – right in the centre of the entertainment area of Angeles City.

The hotel has a very attractive restaurant on the ground floor. It is not cheap by local standards. e.g. two eggs and bacon plus toast and jam was £3+. What annoyed me was the prices advertised n the room was less than they actually charged in the restaurant – a point they accepted but they had not got around to changing the menus in the rooms. I had an enjoyable evening meal – a fancy beef stew with fries for £5.

The attractive, spacious and well equipped room was of very good size with a great King sized bed, plus places to store you stuff. There was a good sized LED TV which had some English speaking channels. There was the usual toilet, wash basin and shower unit. No toiletries apart from 2 small bars of soap. I told them this was miserable for a hotel of such quality.

I paid £101 for 4 nights in aground floor suite, breakfast excluded. This was for up to two people. The air con worked well, there was complimentary water and a fridge. There is no tea/coffee making facilities. The wifi was very good.

I slept well and found the staff to friendly and efficient. The room was cleaned every day.

My biggest problem was with the hot water. The shower was set to max hot, and it took a few minutes to reach this. Then I would turn it down but it would go too cold. Basically I could not get the shower to a satisfactory temperature. No the hand basin. The shower unit is the overhead only type to get out your plastic hair net if you don’t want wet hair.

All in all a good place.

I would stay again and give them 8.5 out of 10 – a great except for that hot water.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Nothernman
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I stayed here for the first time in a year, and I was very pleased with the service, the hospitality and the rooms. The bathrooms have been renovated, too; much more comfortable now. Nice big beds, too. Well done.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking Walking Sreet offer excellent views for peoplewatchers. They're surprisingly quiet, too.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

This hotel is located right on Fields Ave, convenient to all of the bars, restaurants and night clubs. I booked the panoramic suite on the top floor and it cost a bit more but well worth it. The room has a full size bar two televisions and a Jacuzzi big enough for two. Although this hotel is centrally located, the room was quiet and I slept well every night.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I was able to hear music from upstairs as well as my neighbor while staying here. I also heard a lot of people in the halls so they don't have quietest rooms. However, their car service from Manila to the hotel is superb! The vehicles are very nice and it's one of the cheaper private car options out there. I paid 500 pesos more on the return trip from another hotel and the car was in bad shape and it wasn't nearly as pleasant as this hotel's private car service. For the money, the location and place can't be beat! The staff was excellent and friendly as well as the security guard!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric L
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We went here for dinner after a day hike at Mt Pinatabo.

First off, the decor is very old school European and gives you plenty of space to really chill out and enjoy a long meal.

They do a number of meal 'deals' which includes the salad bar and then a main course, these are very well priced and the salad bar has an extensive choice of plain and mixed salads.

For mains we went for the tenderloin and ribeye with a bottle of wine. The tenderloin was fantastic and perfectly cooked with sensational mashed potato on the side.

The ribeye was a little tough and when I pointed this out to the waitress the owner was straight over and was genuinely concerned that my meal hadn't met his standards. This is pretty rare in Asia where the tendency is to close your eyes and wait for the next customers to come in.

Will definitely be back as the menu offered plenty more comfort food dishes to try!

Room Tip: Eating at the restaurant, I would recommend the tenderloin
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple