“Comfortable villa in great location in Seminyak”
Review of Villa 8

Villa 8
Ranked #96 of 426 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We recently spent two nights in one of the two bedroom villas at Villa 8. The villa was clean and comfortable. (towels were stained but clean) The villa staff were attentive and extremely helpful. The private pool is fabulous. The location of the villa is ideal and within walking distance to Seminyak's 'Eat Street'. All communication before we arrived was via e-mail and was dealt with by Linda who handled the reservation, payment and transfers. Thanks again and we look forward to staying at Villa 8 in future.

Room Tip: There are 4 villas - 2 x 2 bed, 2 bath which have recently been renovated. 1 x 2 bed, 1 bath which i...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have read many good reviews about this place. I didnt know what i encountered was a one time off or it is just the facts. We stayed in two bedroom villa. The villa was really dirty - bed sheets and towels were stained with red and brown stains; lizard excretes were on dining table; sofa seats were stained, fridge was full of slimy green and black stuffs, kitchen had really bad smell and really dirty that we did not dare to use anything at all from kitchen and the rooms were really dusty. Hot water was not working, toilet bowl was not working properly too. Mosquitoes and insects were everywhere but expected. Aircon was leaking badly. Mouldy smell from cabinets. No safe deposit box. Service other than security guards was as bad as the villa - they forgot our breakfasts not once but twice although we had mentioned it the night before. And even though I talked to the manager face to face, she forgot to collect payment from me, so I thought the practice was to do it after we check out. But, turned out she wasnt around when I check out (basically no one in office) and after we left Bali, she emailed and asked for payment through credit card which I had to bear a 3% surcharged. Also, I had confirmed with her twice, a day before check out that I would like to arrange for airport transfer at X time and she said yes and jotted it down somewhere. But again! No transport turned out when we checked out. No written note or instruction to the guard and she didnt even pick up the call for half an hour when the guard called! We wasted half an hour waited for transport and I finally fed up; asked the guard to call a cab for us. After that only she picked up and asked the guard to pay for our cab fare. Well forgottten is one thing, when she emailed to ask for payment blatantly, she didnt mention or apologized for the forgotten airport transfer. All I can say is other than super polite and helpful guards, this villa is not worth second visit from me. Throughout my visit in Bali, I stayed in two different places - the other was great, clean and fantastic and this one was an utter disappointment; worse than backpacker lodge I stayed in other SEA countries.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My daughter and I spent 3 nights here from the 23rd Jan - 26th Jan 2012, what a fantastic setup our villa was absolutely beautiful and we felt very spoilt the entire time we were there.

The rooms are very clean and the garden and pool area is just idyllic, private and so peaceful spent quite a few hours on a sun lounge with a book.

Ketut and Iluh looked after us so well in the villa cooking our breakfasts and cleaning the villa we really were very spoilt by them.

The villas are a very short walk to the busy restaurant precinct of Seminyak and excellent shopping nearby. Perfect location and even more perfect accommodation Excellent doesn't seem like a high enough rating for them!

The staff treat you with such a friendly manner you feel welcome from the second you get there and totally at home. Such a warm welcome and so accommodating, thank you Villa 8 for spoiling us rotten!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Super Deluxe villa was super luxurious and very spacious. Very quiet and the lounge r...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at villa 8 in August with our children. The staff were fantastic with the boys and always so helpful and accommodating. The villa was very clean and it's in a great location
So going out for lunch and dinner or carrying home shopping bags is very easy. A very relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kellistirling
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This is my second time at Villa 8 (visited in March) - this time I took my husband and 3 boys. We stayed in the larger 2 bed villa and new it would be plenty of room for the 5 of us! I knew it wouldn't be long until the very large open air living space (which is all marble flooring) would become a handball court! The villa pool is very generous in size and we took our own blow up pool toys which the kids enjoyed. There is also plenty of yard for them to kick a footy around. Their bedroom was big enough for the 3 boys, the teenager ended up sleeping on a mattress in the huge walk in wardrobe so he had his own space and with the free wifi he was in heaven! The Villa's are very well located in Seminyak and only a small complex of Villas which are very private and personal. The staff are amazing, Linda always helpfull, the ladies that cook in the morning and clean through out the day are ultra fantastic as well as the security team. We travelled with a couple of other families - one stayed at Villa 8 as well next door to us and the other at another Villa around the corner. We all prefereed Villa 8 and found ourselves relaxing together back at our place as there was so much space for all to enjoy. Make sure to organise an eat in BBQ - they come and cook for you in the evening which was divine!! So much yummy food and they even organised icecream for the kids. Looking foward to returning again next year to Villa 8! xx

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family