“Breeze Restaurant”

The Samaya Bali Seminyak
Ranked #6 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 2 December 2017

My husband & I celebrated my birthday at the Breeze Restaurant in the Samaya Resort. While we were unable to sit on the lawn to view the sunset due to the weather conditions (a big downpour earlier in the afternoon) we were seated in a covered deck with a view out to the ocean. The staff at the Samaya and Breeze made us feel very welcome and were very friendly and professional, from the doorman who helped us out of our taxi upon arrival to the waitstaff who served us through the evening. The food was absolutely exceptional and cocktails and wine delicious also. Do yourself a favour and have dessert - highly recommend the Creme Brulee. They provided refresher towels and even insect repellant spray to ensure we were comfortable throughout the course of the meal. A notable mention to Rutimini and Atik our wonderful servers - very cheerful and helpful. They even brought out a surprise birthday cake and had all the staff sing me happy birthday! A wonderful evening I will always remember. I was also very impressed to receive a birthday greetings email from Ray Clark the General Manager in which he also thanked me for the feedback I provided on the comments card at the restaurant. Great to know that this feedback is taken seriously and positive comments are shared with the staff.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,847)

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We bit the bullet and paid for 3 nights in what is the most expensive hotel in Bali we have ever stayed in. I have been coming to Bali for 40 years and I have stayed in some gorgeous accommodation. We were a bit underwhelmed by the Samaya. The room was nice, not jaw-dropping though, we expected more for what we paid. My overall impression, however, may well have been tainted by a nasty experience I had where I tripped and almost fell over on the driveway, hurting my foot quite badly. I recovered myself and carried on my way, only to find the staff member at the bottom of the drive clearly laughing at me. I would have preferred a little courtesy and an enquiry as to whether I was ok or not. I talked to the manager about this, and he immediately went off and recovered the cctv footage - he came back and showed me a clip of me returning to the hotel instead of on my way out, which was when I tripped. Basically I felt he was doubting what I told him. Off he went again to have a look, and funnily enough he didn't then show me the correct clip of my trip, where the staff member could probably be seen laughing. I am disappointed that he said he would talk to his manager and come back to us, and then basically didn't come back at all. We checked out and nothing was said. Hotel was happy to leave this matter unresolved. All I wanted was acknowledgement of what had happened and that it was unacceptable. I felt that my honesty had been questioned and that I should have been believed in the first place. It is not acceptable to laugh at someone's misfortune, no matter how comical it might have been, especially in a hotel of this calibre.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Toots19630
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I stayed at the Samaya Seminyak for my honeymoon in October 2017. The service and accommodations were top notch across the board! The honeymoon package we were offered was incredibly special and they fulfilled all aspects of what was promised -- beginning with a wonderful welcome, complete with complimentary flower necklaces, beverages, pre-drawn flower bath and even a personal honeymoon cake! We stayed in a one bedroom royal pavilion villa and it was exceptional - the bathroom/closet area in particular made me never want to leave! It included an outdoor shower area, an incredible indoor shower, and a two-person jacuzzi bathtub - in addition to a private outdoor jacuzzi and private lap pool. The location was also perfect. The hotel is removed from the noise of the busiest parts of Seminyak, but there are plenty of great restaurants and shops within walking distances either out the main entrance or also along the beach. The included morning breakfast was also exceptional - more food than one could ever need, and delicious coffee and fresh juices also included, all while sitting alongside the indian ocean! I highly recommend the Samaya, in particular for an extra special occasion :)

Room Tip: Recomment the Ocean-side rooms (not the courtyard rooms, across the street)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey V
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Many thanks to the whole Team at the Samaya!
As matured Bali travelers we stayed for the first time at the Smaya and were excited. After a very friendly welcome, we were bampered and looked after so well that we not wanted to leave.
Great Villa's, very good infrastracture (Main Pool, Gym, Restaurant), mouthwatering Food (starts with Breakfast and Ends with a great Dining experience in the evening at Breeze) and very attentiv and professional staff.. We will be back!
Once again many thanks for having us!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank luethiandy
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I don`t really know why I am writing this review as it only adds to the countless 5 star reviews that proceed it. This applies to everything from villas, to situation, to grouds, to food. And then comes the big one, in nearly 50 years of world travel my wife and I both agree that this is the friendliest hotel we have stayed without detracted from the efficiency. Within hours of arriving we were convinced that every member of staff would greet us by name even if we had never met them before. Do they hold up our photographs at staff meetings and have to repeat our names until perfect? On our last day "Odalan" the rededication of the hotel shrine took place and all guest were warmly invited to attend, a really memorable event. Thank you "Mr Ray" and all his "family" for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Most people will prefer beach side but all are superb
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple