2,193 results
All reviews towel origami bistro batu kali eat street the main street golf buggies deluxe room poolside room smaller pool pool bar free upgrade main pool fantastic location your doorstep housekeeping staff central location buffet breakfast stayed here for nights
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while in Seminyak and it was a very nice stay. The staff was probably the friendliest I have ever met at a hotel and nothing was too much trouble for them. Every member of the staff was always greeting you and had a smile on their face at all times. We had a room on the second floor facing the smaller of the two pools and I liked the fact that we were tucked away a bit in the corner. The room was nice and clean and we had a little balcony where we would sit for a bit at night before turning into bed. The restaurant for breakfast was good, had plenty of options and had great coffee. The location was great in the middle of Seminyak and you could easily walk to the beach, restaurants and shopping. It was nice to be in a central location where it was easy to walk everywhere. We wandered through the back alleys by the hotel and that was nice experience too to see some more local flavor rather than just the busy street.

The only downside was the wii fii as others have complained about in reviews previously. I couldnt get it to work in the lobby at all and the 2 shared PCs they have didnt have chairs so you could comfortably sit down and check your email. I didnt end up needing Internet too much while I was there but it might be a bit difficult if you needed to work or have access to the Internet for a long period of time. I think you could have access in your room though for an additional fee. Overall the stay was great and I would definitely recommend if you want to stay in the heart of Seminyak!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
WayanWarta, General Manager at Amadea Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear Manda33,

We are pleased to hear that you had a very nice stay with us. We are also glad that you found our staff the friendliest you ever met at a hotel. We are very proud of them too.

Thanks for the very good review. We have fixed the internet problem recently. The good news is that as of October 4th we provide free internet access throughout the hotel including guest rooms. The two computers at the lobby lounge is for guest to do quick browsing. To consider the convenience of all guests the usage is limited to 15 minutes per session therefore no seat is provided. We believe you agree with this.

Look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Stayed here for 8 nights, had a wonderful time and the service was excellent. Well presented rooms and staff, Breakfast was always great and tasty. Pool was always clean and a good temperature. Prices are suitable to this resort. Internet is provided everyday for your convience and is fairly quick. Recommend this resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Stefanoandemma,

Thanks for your great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your 8 nights stay with us. See you again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel was nice and great location. The staff are so friendly they really are. Nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are nice, decent size but considering its only a year old looks a little battered already. Like mould appearing in the shower room, which is normal but you need to treat things like this and it looked like water leaked from shower into main room walls so they could have reprinted it just to make it look better. As it really was a nice room. The pool was great I really liked that. I wish the prices were cheaper though, as that was the shock about seminyak the cost of accommodation. A few days before we stayed in java and the cost of a room was about £35-£40 for as nicer a room. I'm not a cheap skate but I do like a bargin!!

• Stayed: June 2012

dear fitzy06,

Your kind review is much appreciated. We are glad that you had great time with us. Maintenance is conducted regularly as we want to ensure our guests get the best experience. Thanks for mentioning this issue.

We agree with you that hotel in Java is much much cheaper than that in Bali. Bali has been very popular recently for tourist and investors. This makes the price of everything (not only hotel) in Bali, is much more expensive compared to other region in Indonesia. In our case, if you compare our offer with what offered by other hotels within the same area, our offer gives you much better value for money, considering the location and the product. We are committed to maintain this proposition as well as to support the Bali community thru our Amadea Cares initiative.

See you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Dear Mr I Wayan Warta,
I am a guest of room 102.
I want to say great job to all your staff who were on duty from 16 Sep to 19 Sep.
The rooms were clean, big and the pool view was great.

I wish I could remember everyone's names and give compliments to them personally however they seem to be on shift work so I couldn't say thank you personally.

Thank you to the receptionist who upgraded our rooms on 16 Sep (it was such a pleasant surprise), the buggy driver/bellboy/receptionist ( brother of a masseur @Ambiente Spa, Ria), who introduced the entire room to us , Yuliwato (buggy driver), Ratna and colleagues who surprised me with a birthday cake upon checkout.

The experience of staying at the resort and most importantly making friends with the Amadea family was the best. I was sad to stay there for only a short period of time, however I will definitely come back again.

Please continue the good work guys!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank seowsy

Dear seowsy,

Thank you for your personal message, we are pleased to hear that your stay at Amadea was an unforgettable experience especially on your birthday. We will pass the compliment to all team member.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I had the opportunity of staying at the Amadea on two separate occasions. On the first occasion I was there for 4 days I was given a room on the 2nd floor with basic accomodation features. I was disappointed with the fact that I had to pay for access to the internet at an unacceptable speed. Resort accomodation here is far different from accomodation in one of the deluxe and beautifully appointed villas. You can either walk or catch a buggy from the resort to the front street entrance. On the 2nd occasion - of 3 days - I was given a poolside terrace unit. This was much nicer with the outlook being the pool on the ground floor. I would have liked to have had a spa & massage but as it was on the 3rd floor only reached by walking up steps I gave it a miss.

The restaurant is Ok and overlooks the street. Position wise the resort is in an excellent position making it easy to dine at some of the best nearby restaurants and to shop at close at hand boutique shops. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Dear Morryg,

Appreciate your positive review very much. Deluxe Pool Terrace is our most popular room, we are glad that you love them too. Another good news is that as of October 4th guest does not need to pay for internet any more. It is free of charge now for all in house guest.

Next time you should try our spa. Taking the stair to the third floor is worth the effort. Many guest say even though the hotel spa is slightly more expensive than one on the road side but it offers you better experience overall and convenience.

We look forward to have another opportunity to be at your service.