New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Bonsai Villas
Ranked #103 of 138 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore
“Excellent value for money with wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

After doing much research, I finally booked the room for 3 nights for my girlfriends birthday and I must say the place was extremely memorable and the staff was excellent.

Location
- Located behind the very busy Bintang supermarket, the only problem with this location was that it took us maybe 5 mins to walk in a narrow and dark road to the Villa, not much of a problem really for the excellent location. Shopping for groceries was so convenient! with the resturaunts and shopping of Seminyak so conveniently located, the 5 min walk was negligible.

Room
- The villas all come with a nice living area (which I'll admit that I didn't bother enjoying since the bedroom was so comfortable) and a kitchen area complete with pots/pans for you to cook your own meal if you wanted (and you can even buy groceries from around the corner)

Toilet
- The staff was nice enough to let me look around at all the 4 villas when I was leaving as the rooms were vacant, one thing I noticed was that the toilets are slightly different from each. My room came with a totally open air toilet which was quite inconvenient when it rained at night. Also the water heater didn't have enough hot water to last my gf's long showers but it was a pretty interesting experience bathing in the open.

- Excellent. Nothing that I could fault on

Pool
- Not very big but decently deep. I was slightly disappointed that the pool was under maintenance hence it was abit murky from all the sunblock in the water but after the maintenance it was really nice and comfortable. You're not going to get much of a swimming workout in the pool but its a nice area to chill and relax by the pool.

Staff
- Best staff i've ever came across. They were all very nice, especially Rudi who helped me buy a birthday cake for my gf and left it in the room so that I could surprise her with it. I must say i've never encountered such excellent and personal service ever.

Overall
- Totally recommended. Although we were abit uncomfortable with the lack of hot water and bathing in the rain on the first night (I actually commented on this and I also noted that not all the rooms have open air baths that you'll get caught in the rain so its really down to your luck. I think they might consider covering the shower area so you wont get caught out in the rain. Besides, it hardly rains in Bali and I was there at a bad month.) but overall we had such an excellent time that my gf who absolutely refuses to visit the same area twice actually wants to go back to stay in Bonsai Villas so that she can experience it all over again.

p.s We actually took a video of the entire swimming pool area into the Villa but I'll wait for my gf to eventually post on the Villa and upload the video to Youtube.

Room Tip: If you'd like bathing in the open, pick a non-rainy month and ask for Room 1, otherwise, 3 or 4...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank RonHoe7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

My experience of travel and also living in Sydney is that people have lost the art of comunicating with one's fellow man or woman,I spent the entire 10 days in Bali haveung ine conversation with a lovely aussie/english couplebeside me at the german restaurant near the Kusnadi hotel. The rest of the talk was with the Bonsai villas owners Merv and Rudi and their staff. espaecially Benny,Being a single woman they made me feel at home , safe and advised me on all aspects of Bali now, oh how it made the trip.

Room Tip: There are 4 viallas equally spacious and all mod cons. and quiet!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank amandav1717
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Thank you lovely people.Your response to suggestions for restaurants and trips etc.was well received by myself and staff.Sometimes joyous appreciative remarks make us feel we are on holiday as well.One correction...Merv is only my best friend not part of Bonsai estb.,I am the owner .Anyway we all look forward to greeting you again.

Rudi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed in bonsai villas for three nights in January! Have to say that this place is fantastic! My boyfriend and i didn't want to leave but had already planned the second part of our trip! The villas are a great size! Large living area which includes kitchen! The kitchen is a great option and having bingtang supermarket only a 5 min walk away is a huge bonus! We made our breakfast every morning at the villa.Bedroom again was spacious, with a large ensuite bathroom! The pool is great and we swam in it everyday! The bintang sold in the mini bar is the same price as sold in bintang supermarket. Which I was very impressed with!

The staff are friendly, polite and always wanting to help! Rudi (the manager) is particularly helpful. He has a fantastic knowledge of local restaurants and directions of getting to locations ( which is very helpful when you are in a new country).

There are only four villas and with the location of the villas being tucked behind the main road made it very quiet.

I can't speak highly enough of the place! Great value for money! I have already recommended bonsai villas to my family and friends!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Esthermia83
we are so happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the quiet relaxed atmosphere bonsai offers.the closeness of a supermarket,shops and restaurants etc. all add to a hassle free holiday.as a traveler myself i know a cheap mini bar saves lugging heavy shopping bags on a hot day.
We appreciate your comments very much .Roll on your next visit..

Rudi and staff.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

You can't go wrong here. Pics tell the truth. Good value. Beautiful pool & staff. RUDI was such a pleasure to meet. You will love the zen funky rooms and the way they fuse with the environment.

JONATHAN & YING: SYDNEY, OZ

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jonathanmaxhardy
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed at bonsai villas from the 27th of december until the 2nd of January, the rooms were very spacious and clean. We loved having an open kitchen with comfy lounges to relax also. The pool was a nice depth to swim in for kids and adults and is regularly cleaned and maintained. Overall the staff are very welcoming and friendly, and attend to everyone of your needs. Rudi the owner is very helpful and friendly and informed us of very nice places nearby to eat. We would recommend these villas to couples and families as it is conveniently located next to shops, restaurants, pharmacy and bintang supermarket and at the same time, the quite oasis of your villa to relax after a busy day. We would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank st3fania16
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
It was a pleasure having you stay with us.Your comments will certainly encourage readers to follow you and book at Bonsai.Its important for us ton ever relax our endeavor to see guests get the best advise and service possible.We never want to be responsible for spoiling what should be an exciting visit to Bali.We look forward to you return visit.

Rudi & Staff.