Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
Preferred HotelsUS$230
FindHotelUS$253
1,282 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2021 via mobile

Having been closed for a few months now we were so happy as a family that the hotel has opened again for families. As ever staff are super friendly and we received a warm welcome back. Covid protocols are enforced in a friendly but firm way ensuring safety for all. The team at the Wet Edge Team have been great and the revamped menu has lots of new options. We just hope the Empire can stay open....

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2021 via mobile

Im enjoying my stayed at the Empire Brunei. Booked their promo 2 nights stay which i considerd as a good bargain. Staffs keen to guests needs. Very strick SOP which i find is good during this pandemic. Was given in room 4303 with superb view of south china sea. Love the amenities too

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 616shah
Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

My family and I stayed for two nights from 30th July to 1st August. First night in two deluxe rooms and the final night in the Executive Suite. I had received an email from feedback.alert@the empirebrunei.com signed by the GM Mr Nigel Badminton. I responded to the survey and I just hope that Mr Badminton does get to read it.

Cheers,
Saiful Shariff

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2021

As a returning business customer of may stays, I thought I knew, what would awaiting me. It is still a nice hotel with spacious rooms.
However, I was very disappointed, when I wanted to switch rooms to a higher floor. This was categorically denied despite the fact, that my company spends a tremendous amount of many each year there. The management proofed to be inflexible and stubborn - something I never expected from a hotel with the aspiration of a 5-star-+-house... It's things like that, that divide high class service from average - unfortunately you only find smiling and friendly average

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2021

We are not allowed to travel out of the country at the moment, naturally The Empire is the next best thing to a long weekend away. This is not our first (or second or third) time staying there btw. We stayed for 2 nights for a nice Valentine's weekend.

It's the CNY long weekend and understandbly the hotel was busy. The check-in process was smooth. Everything up to the time we were about to go to bed when we realised one of the light switches did not work - the hallway light would not switch off. We called reception, they sent a couple of engineers to have a look. They couldn't fix it, so the only solution was to pull out the key card out off the power switch on the the wall so all the lights go out.

The table service at breakfast was below average. We were seated on the floor directly below reception. My main course came, it was beef noodle soup. I was given only a pair of chopsticks. I was trying to get someone's attention to ask for a soup spoon. There were between 5 - 7 staff in front of our table clearing empty tables (not attending to any customers). A few of them saw me waved, we made eye contact but did not acknowledged me. Instead they pointed to each other who's going to go up to us. Eventually one lady came, told her I needed a spoon. She went away and then another person came to ask if we needed anything?! How many staff does one need to tell until I get a soup spoon?

After breakfast, we went back to the room and an engineer was in the middle of fixing the light switches. He managed to find the faulty one and all was good! But wait for it... We were already fast asleep that night after a nice and pleasant dinner at Pantai, then out of nowhere at 1.11am (yes precisely that time because I checked my phone for time) all the lights in the room came on! Can you imagine the fright it gave me??? To be woken up so abruptly! I couldn't get back to sleep for a while, also in my head thinking it might be some poltergeist. You never know right.

On checkout day, we went for breakfast and it was visibly busy. We were ushered to the hall where there was a looooong queue. We almost turned around and skipped it. But one of the F&B managers saw us contemplating and came to us and took us down to the Atrium and got seated immediately. Thank you for that Mr. Manager (we did not get his name unfortunately).

This is where the service went down again. We were seated at a table set for 4. Understandably, if they wanted to take 2 of the unused table setting off while we were waiting for out food to arrive is acceptable. Most of our food orders had come at this point and we were eating in peace and enjoying our breakfast. But one of the wait staff came to our table in the middle of this wanting to take unused napkin and cutlery, even the ones on my coffee cup. I find this unacceptable and disrupting. There I was, sat enjoying my breakfast with my other half, having pleasant conversation and there were these hands getting in between my plates and cups trying to take cutlery. We've stayed in different hotels from 2-stars to 5-stars, we were always left in peace to enjoy our food. I can understand if I'm eating in a cafe but we are talking about a 7-star hotel where we are paying not for the room but for service and experience.

One of the very few saving graces fron our stay was Dennis, the staff down by the pool who took care of us (on our 2nd day) and asked how our stay was.

Upon check out, the reception asked if there was any problem with our stay. These are the points we have also highlighted, although we noticed that she did not take down any notes. We don't know if this issue will be highlighted or taken to relevant people.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple