“Dinner”
Review of Camilla's Kitchen

Camilla's Kitchen
Description: Camilla's is a small eatery in the idyllic Great Karoo town of Prince Albert in the Western Cape. We operate out of the African Relish cooking school on Friday and Saturday evenings when there are no weekend courses. Weare open for dinner, and the cooking is all based on sourcing as locally and sustainably as we can in the area. The kitchen is run by award-winning chef, product-developer and cookbook author Camilla Comins. Her menu changes weekly and the eatery is an extension of the famous African Relish Cookery School where Camilla is the resident chef/instructor. Recipes are developed depending on what's available in local gardens or meat rooms and there is a vegetarian option offered at each service. We concentrate on fuss-free dining in a gentle, laid back style. The venue is licensed, and booking is essential.
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

This was such a lovely experience wow - well done Camilla and team the food was really tasty and different. I enjoyed the lettuce,peas and mint soup. The main course was just as good and the cheese cake was absolutely delicious! Highly recommended when coming to Prince Albert

Reviewed 25 April 2018

What a fantastic restaurant and concept, slap bang in the middle of the Karoo. We absolutely loved it. Great Food & Great service. I would eat there anytime. The food had was authentically South African, but refined.

1  Thank Murray C
Reviewed 3 March 2018

When a restaurant highlights the principals commitment and "hands on" approach it's difficult to understand their absence when the restaurant is only open two nights per week!
Well as they say when the cat's away the mice will play. I can only speak as I find and both the staff and the food was poor
It started badly when the guy serving the wine was more interested in asking to borrow my cell phone sim card in order to activate his friends UK purchased mobile, strange, yes, suspicious, maybe, whatever not a good start
As for the food, my wifes water melon salad had all the finesse of 12 year olds effort in Home Economics class chunks of fruit and vegetable without dressing!
We both had lamb neck,an uninspiring presentation: my wifes was 40% fat/skin, and only the spinach was freshly cooked, the staff were not interested in our complaints/comments
We passed up on the one and only dessert offering of a Lemon Mousse in a glass out of the fridge
If one is leaving the restaurant in the hands of the "B" team please ensure they are competent in both preparation, cooking and customer service

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I loved the appearance of this restaurant - modern and open-plan and with a lovely outlook.
We had a good smoked fish starter, and my husband's roast lamb was good.
I had chosen a chicken dish, which sounded amazing on the menu. When it arrived it was just a chicken joint which was very overcooked and dried out. It had been in the oven for far too long. The broccoli and green beans were so undercooked I couldn't cut them with my knife, much less eat them.
I couldn't see anyone actually cooking in the kitchen, just staff who seemed to be plating up food which had been prepared in advance. I heard several other diners complaining about the chicken.
The waiting staff were very good.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Great food, great ambience, great service and great chef. Well done Camilla. Highly recommended. Mike Spittal