All reviews guest house the main street within walking distance excellent location sun loungers beautiful garden off street parking lovely place stayed here for one night underfloor heating host accommodation veranda fridge wine
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Les chambres is a beautiful guesthouse set in a very quiet part of town. The rooms were immaculate and the staff were really pleasant. Would definitely recommend it to friends and family. Value for money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Off the busy Main Street you are welcomed into a wonderful garden of flowers and herbs by friendly staff . It is an oasis away from the heat and bustle of Franschoek. A pool awaits you and a plentiful supply of towels and loungers are provided.
Rooms are classic and fit with the house but to some travellers may seem a bit dated and lack a TV - to some including myself this was seen however as a positive.
Breakfast up to the excellent standards of South African B&Bs.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kennethcI7201RP
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night on October 24th. Host Bill was there to greet us on arrival and soon made us feel very comfortable. Quickly settled in and then we scooted off for lunch. Relaxed by pool in afternoon before a wonderful dinner at Foliage which was 150 yards from Les Chambres.
Very spacious room, all we needed.
The scrambled eggs i had for breakfast we’re phenomenal.
We had an appointment with some whales in Hermanus so thanked Bill for his hospitality and departed following his directions.
Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

While the first visual impact delivered a quaint establishment, quickly we were met with one that is not well run. Attention to details are lacking: wifi not working, amendities not filled, hand shower not working. There was nobody to ask for assistance when it was after 6pm. We try asking for help on the wifi early in the day but only to be met with a defensive reply that everything was working. The man had no smile at all. Not anybody. It is a place where the hosts want to be left alone. Beware that there is no TV also for a 4-star rated property

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BillStemp, Owner at Les Chambres Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Yoong Hwee

I have just tested the hand showers in both rooms your party occupied during your stay. Both are working. They are the old brass mixer units that have a lever to switch the water between the bath and the handset.
One of them did have a somewhat stiff lever, which only took 30 seconds to fix.

I understand that some guests may not wish to 'make a fuss' about something and may not wish to be seen as complaining. However, we unfortunately cannot fix something if no-one informs us there is a problem. Naturally we don’t want anything to be wrong and we always try to remedy problems as soon as we can, to avoid any further inconvenience to the current or future guests. To this end we even leave a feedback form in the room specifically asking if there was anything we need to address.
In this instance we were not informed and therefore the problem was not remedied.

I am puzzled by your comment about the wi-fi though. You came and asked if the wi-fi was working. The service provider we have used for the last 4 years gives an extremely stable and reliable signal, so I rarely have any problems.
In order to check if there was a problem I took out my phone and was able to log-on immediately and even showed you that I was able to do so. There are no different setting I can select for different devices; there is either wi-fi or there is not. So if one person is able to log-on then the wi-fi is working and the problem obviously lies with the device you were using to log-on. I can't see any other possibility. There have been one or two other guests in the past that have also had similar issues but there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do in such a situation, and I'm not sure what you expected me to do in this instance.

As for the amenities I do agree that the bottles are not always completely full, but in 14 years I have never considered this to be a problem and no-one has ever raised the issue.
However, I do agree that full bottles look better and so, as a result of your complaint, we will now ensure that they are topped-up daily, so I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

As a small (four bedroomed) guest house we do not have dedicated reception staff. This is simply not practical and has never been warranted.
I am almost always available until about 19:00 which is approximately when I begin 'locking-up' but occasionally there may be a need for me to pop out before this time. However, you could have simply phoned the guest house and I could have assisted you. The house phone is always forwarded to my cell phone for this very reason.

You are correct that we only have TV in the guest lounge and not in the rooms. I fully understand that this may not suit everyone but was a decision we took 14 years ago, in order to create a peaceful environment. To-date we have had only a handful of negative comments in this regard and most guests actually prefer having no TV as it creates more interaction with each other.

Kind regards

Bill Stemp

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We just stayed here for one night, which we regreted deeply. The owner is very acommondating and friendly, helpful with advices if needed. Rooms are nicely and cosy decorated with free wifi. The surroundings with the beautiful garden is so relaxing, you can't imagine that you are in the middle of a neighborhood. It's walking distance to restaurants and free parking for your rental car.
Breakfast is gorgeous and includes something for everyone with a good selection. We just loved it!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple