All reviews guest house the main street within walking distance sun loungers cooked breakfast beautiful garden b and b perfect location off street parking lovely place stayed here for one night underfloor heating heated floors spacious room wine tasting shops and restaurants wonderful stay
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Franschoek is a beautiful place and so was Les Chambres. The rooms are large and comfortable. All facilities are catered for, including wifi in the bedrooms The cooked breakfast is excellent, especially the homemade granola. The gardens are beautiful and tranquil. I would highly recommend a stay in this glorious B&B.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
BillStemp, Owner at Les Chambres Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Hi Sue

I hope you enjoy the granola recipe, but if you produce it commercially and start making a fortune we have to split the profits :)

Best regards

Bill Stemp

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Very nice, great breakfast, caring staff and good location.

The rooms are clean and about a good size. Coffee station.

The pool are is very cute and offers a nice place for relaxing.

The breakfast was created with love for details.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Great friendly place to stay. Big rooms
and huge bathrooms. It's not fancy which makes it comfortable and homely. Bill and his staff are friendly and helpful. Perfectly situated with good secure parking. Great place to relax and recharge after a day exploring. Stayed there twice now and pretty confident will stay there again when next in Franschoek

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BillStemp, Owner at Les Chambres Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Thank you so much for the lovely review.

It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Bill Stemp

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Neat & tidy place with lovely breakfast , but we felt pressed for time, from checking in to checking out. We even got a knock on the door five minutes after check out time..... I understand that I was not on time, but this is not what I need from a relaxing weekend. It did not make me feel very welcome.

Check out is also 10.30, not the usual 11.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BillStemp, Owner at Les Chambres Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

It is so disappointing to receive such a review as it is simply spiteful.
You phoned me at 19:00 to ask if we had a room available (which we did). As it was already very late and I was just about to leave for a function I asked what time you would arrive. You informed me that you were already in Franschhoek but you wanted to go for drinks before arriving. When I said that I was leaving soon you said you would arrive in the next 10 minutes (you actually arrived 30 minutes later). If you found this to be ‘pressure’ you were more than welcome to find alternative accommodation as you didn’t actually have a pre-booked room with us and were under no obligation to stay at Les Chambres.
Having shown you to your room I had no further contact with you until the following morning so I fail to see how you were ‘pressured’ from this point on.
After breakfast I was waiting for you to check-out. Our check-out time is 10:30. Despite your comment, this is a VERY standard time (I have called several 5-star hotels in Cape Town; all but one has a check-out time of 10:30; the other being 11:00). But standard or not, this is clearly stated in our policies both online and in the in-room information folder.
At 10:40 I knocked on your door. No one opened the door so I had to speak to you through the closed window.
I asked if you would be checking out soon. You told me that you were both just going to take a shower and would be leaving in about 20 minutes and asked if that would be ok.
I said it would but I asked that you also please bear in mind that our check-out time is actually 10:30 (I know from experience that when guests say 20 minutes it often turns into 40 minutes; similar to when you arrived).
That was it. I knocked on your door ONCE and, as you say, it was AFTER our check-out time.
What am I supposed to do? I had absolutely no idea what time you intended to check-out. Should I have simply waited indefinitely for you to leave? At what time would you have considered it acceptable for me to ask when you would be leaving?
I hope in your business (whatever that may be) that your customers don’t have the option to cause an immediate and far-reaching negative impact on your livelihood for no reason whatsoever.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We stayed here for one night and overall the stay was very pleasant. The rooms are clean, the breakfast enjoyable and Bill was friendly and helpful. The bathroom was furnished with antique brass fittings, and even though not to my taste, the workmanship that went into them was appreciated.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple