“Glad I did not listen to those negative reviews!”
Review of Oceanic Hotel

Oceanic Hotel
Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Elverson, Pennsylvania
“Glad I did not listen to those negative reviews!”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

after booking a few days at the Oceanic Hotel i started reading some of the reviews, wow some of them had me wanting to cancel my reservations, but then i figured well how much time do you actually spend in the hotel i mean you are at the beach. When we, myself, 2 of my daughters, and 2 friends, got there we were met with polite, helpful staff. Yes the hotel could use an update but do you know what happens when they get updated?? the prices are also updated, i think considering we were across from the convention center and such a short walk to the beach and the excitement of the boardwalk the place was well worth the money. The room was dated but clean!!! the pool was great, someone complained on a review about getting dripped on by air conditioners??? well maybe if they were walking right up against the walls!!! Some people want a 5 star hotel for nothing, the place was clean, friendly and most definately convenient. Someone else complained about parking, well if you don't want to leave your keys with the desk in case they need to move your car then walk the whopping 1 block down and park in their other 2 parking areas. I have no complaints and plan on going back again next year!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank goodtimesinthesun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
West Norriton, Pa
Reviewed 1 August 2011

On July 23, 2011, I arrived in Wildwood, NJ and found out that the condo that I had rented for the week had been "double booked". I was able to secure another condo but I was not able to get in until Sunday afternoon. This left five of us without a place to stay for the night. I called several hotels in Wildwood but they all required a two night minimum. I went to the Oceanic and explained my situation to Bob, the night manager. Bob contacted the owner (Wally) at 9:30 pm to see if he could waive the two night mininum, which he did. The following morning, I was greeted by Fred the GM at the Oceanic. The staff at the Oceanic was top notch. If you get a chance stop in and see Bob, he is a GREAT guy! Mike from Montgomery County, PA

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank McG061
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Nice people and excelent service!!! I had forgotten my cash an credit cards when I went there and I had dinner and a drink and they just told me that they could not serve me any more. Thx, guys!!!

Room Tip: I will book the whole place for the next summer, so if anybody wants the best room, please contact m...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BaltonTravel
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our first time staying at this hotel and we had a great time! I wasn't sure what to expect since the website did not have pictures but the price was right, so we gave it a try. This motel is right across the street from the beach and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfy. They have a super nice pool with a swim up tiki bar! stools in the water at the bar. We were very pleased with our stay and I made sure to let management know! If your thinking about booking a room at the Oceanic Hotel you will be pleased. This will be the only hotel we will stay at from now on any time we go to Wildwood NJ!

Room Tip: We had a room with no balcony but overlook the pool. Perfect to keep an eye on low crowds!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Pgh
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Thanks to Fred and his crew for squeezing us in on a busy weekend,. We've been to Wildwood several times. This was one of the best locations, Everything was within close walking distance. The staff was very responsive to our needs. The view from the balcony was great!! We really enjoyed sitting on the balcony for a spectacular view of the Friday night fireworks.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple