“Still delicious!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We return to this place every year!! The food is still delicious, and prepared perfectly! Casual dining at its best!!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Visited August 1st - casual & no frills (exactly what we were looking for since girls just finished up late afternoon paddle boarding). Small wait to get a table (not many tables & we were party of 5)
Focus is totally on the food which was very good. We had lobster & linguine, clams & linguine, shrimp & linguine, flounder, soup, fries & onion rings. The bad - They were out of clam soup. The good - clearly everything is fresh! Plan to definitely return. Everyone working there was very nice & owner even came to check on all the tables.

1  Thank JenniferPhilly1
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

It was very casual and no frills. Everything is basic, they focus on the food. This is no place to get dressed up for. The soups were delicious. The New England Clam Chowder was one of the best soups I have ever had. Also, the corn crab chowder was delicious, but not as good as he New England Clam Chowder. The crab cakes were perfect and were not dry at all. It was one of the best crab cakes I have ever had. The lobster roll was very good to and had tons of lobster in it. Jill, the server, was very friendly and helped us out at all times. I would definitely go back and bring some New England Clam Chowder home. I would recommend this place for family's that love seafood and don't want to dress up.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Small inside, waitstaff was very friendly. Wait was over 30 minutes then get our food. Ok, nothing to rave about.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I am sorry to say that the night my family ate here was very disappointing. We tried four different dishes. All the fried fish and calamari were coated in the same dark, slightly overspiced batter, which dominated the taste of the thin pieces of fish it surrounded. The cod, because it was a little thicker than the flounder, was better than the rest. Given the availability of fresh fish in the Wildwoods, it was hard not to find this a less than happy meal. Maybe it was an off night.

candsshack, Manager at Crab and Seafood Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

I am sorry that your experience with us was not pleasant to you, but I must take issue with some of your comments. Ist, the calamari is not coated in a dark brown coating, it has a salt and pepper coating , very light and not a batter. All of our fish is purchased and prepared daily, the fried fish is dregged in flour, coated with fresh eggs and then breaded with a panko breading, not a batter. The cod you mentioned is a purchased frozen product and not a fresh item, a very good product that was taste tested prior to purchase. That is 3 fish dishes, you failed to mentioned the 4th. All of our servers and myself talk to our patrons to see if they enjoyed their meal, it is a shame you failed to mention your displeasure to your server, it would have been brought to my attention and either replaced or refunded. There is not a place in the Wildwoods that serves fresher fish than our establishment. Maybe you just had an off night.