“Outstanding Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

It was very casual and no frills. Everything is basic, they focus on the food. This is no place to get dressed up for. The soups were delicious. The New England Clam Chowder was one of the best soups I have ever had. Also, the corn crab chowder was delicious, but not as good as he New England Clam Chowder. The crab cakes were perfect and were not dry at all. It was one of the best crab cakes I have ever had. The lobster roll was very good to and had tons of lobster in it. Jill, the server, was very friendly and helped us out at all times. I would definitely go back and bring some New England Clam Chowder home. I would recommend this place for family's that love seafood and don't want to dress up.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Small inside, waitstaff was very friendly. Wait was over 30 minutes then get our food. Ok, nothing to rave about.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I am sorry to say that the night my family ate here was very disappointing. We tried four different dishes. All the fried fish and calamari were coated in the same dark, slightly overspiced batter, which dominated the taste of the thin pieces of fish it surrounded. The cod, because it was a little thicker than the flounder, was better than the rest. Given the availability of fresh fish in the Wildwoods, it was hard not to find this a less than happy meal. Maybe it was an off night.

candsshack, Manager at Crab and Seafood Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

I am sorry that your experience with us was not pleasant to you, but I must take issue with some of your comments. Ist, the calamari is not coated in a dark brown coating, it has a salt and pepper coating , very light and not a batter. All of our fish is purchased and prepared daily, the fried fish is dregged in flour, coated with fresh eggs and then breaded with a panko breading, not a batter. The cod you mentioned is a purchased frozen product and not a fresh item, a very good product that was taste tested prior to purchase. That is 3 fish dishes, you failed to mentioned the 4th. All of our servers and myself talk to our patrons to see if they enjoyed their meal, it is a shame you failed to mention your displeasure to your server, it would have been brought to my attention and either replaced or refunded. There is not a place in the Wildwoods that serves fresher fish than our establishment. Maybe you just had an off night.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Very nice owner, family run restaurant. Had a nice meal-flounder and crab cake. Could use more seasoning on the flounder but crab cake was very good. Simple decor in the restaurant, did not eat inside, had pickup order. The wait was only 30 min from the time i called. Good experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We had the best food and service. Looks to be a family run restaurant, everyone was super friendly from the gentleman who runs the restaurant down to his grandson who was so funny telling us about his family trip to the Poconos. The seafood was fresh and well prepared, we will be going back for sure.

candsshack, Manager at Crab and Seafood Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thanks you for taking the time to review us, I am glad your experience with us was enjoyable.