“Perfect as always”
Review of Marlane Motel

Marlane Motel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Just finished up another long weekend at the Marlane. As always the rooms and grounds are absolutely spotless , pool is immaculate and the owners and guests are all wonderful. This is a family friendly spot if late nights and loud parties are your thing book elsewhere. This is a throwback motel that is impeccably clean and friendly. The bedding is clean and comfortable and every year we notice several updates. Centrally located one block from boardwalk and convention center we literally parked here and never started our car again!! Coffee is provided every morning at 630 as well as a toaster so u can save some $$ bringing bagels , bread etc. In the rear of the property 2 like new gas grills are available to use as well as grill tools all free of charge . Also available are boogie boards tennis equipment and even some fishing gear. This is the only place to stay in Wildwood!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Marlane Motel

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My SO and I spent 3 nights here on a trip to get away from my kids and our dogs, lol! We couldn't find any places in Cape May within our budget so Wildwood it was. The Marlane ended up being wonderful, even if the weather wasn't. Everything I saw was clean and well-maintained. The staff were friendly and efficient. I can't say enough about the owners - caring and accommodating. We traveled by motorcycle and couldn't bring much with us - Lisa made sure we had what we needed, going above and beyond. It's a traditional Jersey beach-style motel. Don't come here expecting a high-end design bathroom -- instead enjoy the retro 1960-era tile in the bathroom. It was all clean and intact (craftsmanship you rarely see today), so why remove something that is standing the test of time and gives you that true Wildwood Doo-Wop experience? We had a mini fridge and microwave, coffee was available for free every morning (water in the afternoon). The chairs by the pool and outside of the rooms were clean, pool was cleaned daily, and they had gas grills and tools, chairs and boogie boards. The area is quiet (2 blocks off boardwalk by Convention Center) and there is a city park across the street which was great for small children. It appeared to me that they had adequate parking too. Wifi was also adequate with full occupancy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Lisa V, Manager at Marlane Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Wow, thank you for the great review! I hope we see you again sometime and I will be sure to try and do something about the weather as well!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We have stayed at the Marlane 4 times this year so far. I love staying at this motel. Wouldn't not go anywhere else. The owners Lisa and Chris are great and the staff is excellent. If you have any problem they take care of it immediately. They are a friendly staff

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

We love seeing you multiple times in the summer. Thanks for always being great guests.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Just finished another successful stay at the Marlane. We've been staying there for several years now and the reasons why we keep coming back is because the owners and staff truly care and go above and beyond to ensure that your stay is a great one. It's just blocks from the beach with easy access by the convention center, they provide chairs, boogie boards, umbrellas to borrow, the rooms are clean, pool is clean and heated, complimentary coffee-tea, wifi, Grills with plenty of outdoor seating and if you ask the owners Lisa and Chris about what's happening in the area whether it's concerts, restaurant week or what new restaurants opened and if they are any good they are happy to answer any questions. All in all it's a great place that doesn't disappoint.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Live L
Lisa V, Manager at Marlane Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

We always enjoy having your family at the Marlane. Its guests like you that make our whole atmosphere so family friendly. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you next year! (lol, we don't have umbrellas to borrow....just chairs and boogie boards!)

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Marlane Motel based on the fact that they received 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor. I put a lot of trust, maybe a bit too much, on the accuracy & truthfulness of reviews so I'm disappointed that my stay wasn't worthy of a 5 star ranking. I will start with the positives. They offer free ice & beach toys, such as boogie boards. The negatives, one of the things I expect from any place I stay at is complete cleanliness; I don't care if I'm staying at a motel or a 5 star hotel, it has to be CLEAN. When we first arrived in the room, I was a bit surprised at how small it was, but that's not a deal breaker so long as the room is extremely clean. Unfortunately, that didn't prove to be the case. When i slid my hand across the bed sheets, i felt little sand-like granules. Now, I realize I'm at the beach, but I really don't think it's irrational for me to expect bedding without sands, crumbs or whatever on them. I immediately told the maid who kept telling me that it was impossible because she just put new sheets on. She came to the room, felt the bed, but said she didn't feel anything. At this point, I became rather irritated because I know what I feel & why you would argue with paying guests, is beyond me. I finally just told her that I wanted new bedding. Within minutes, the owner came up to inspect the beds. She stated that she knew, for a fact, that the bedding was changed. I pointed out these orange colored crumbs on one of the beds. She stated that they just changed linen companies & perhaps it had something to do with the company. Not sure how I feel about that explanation, but either way, she was very eager to make things right & assured me things would be taken care of, which I did appreciate. The bedding was changed (I think), but I didn't sleep on the beds as they were too uncomfortable. Thank goodness I brought my air mattress. Another reason for staying at the Marlane was the fact that the rooms don't have carpeting, which was a major thing for me because I absolutely hate the idea of walking on a carpet that thousands of other people have as well, but unfortunately, the laminate floors were very dirty. They appeared swept, but not cleaned, which really grossed me out. Like I said, I'm a stickler for cleanliness. This next point isn't the motels fault, but there is no easy beach access, which is pretty important for those of us who take a lot to the beach. When we stayed at the Bel Air motel, one of its better features was the easy beach access. All in all, the motel was just okay, but I don't plan on ever going there again nor would I recommend it to anyone unless they have low expectations.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jolene Z
Lisa V, Manager at Marlane Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

I'm not sure how to respond, but here goes: You checked in (3 hours early). You did not find the room satisfactory and I assured you that the linens had been changed. I found nothing on the beds. You were not comfortable, and so I told you to go to the beach and I would have the room remade for you. You admitted that you were scrupulous concerning beds since you had a bad experience somewhere else. I assured you that we wanted to make you comfortable and would do whatever it takes.
I could have mentioned at that time that the right side of the Convention Center has great beach access, but I was preoccupied with your comfort. I had two staff members go in and strip both beds including the mattress pads, then remake the beds with completely new pads and linens and then re-clean the entire room which was already clean. I had the floor (which had just been steam cleaned), re-mopped. You never said anything else, but I did ask your husband (twice) if you were comfortable and having a good vacation. He assured me you were fine. Evidently not. If you had come to me, I would have offered to let you check out early with no penalty. I have no desire to keep a guest who is unhappy. My staff and I did everything within our power to please you and we treated you with respect and kindness. If that constitutes low expectations than so be it.