“great atmosphere-good food”

Bacari Grill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacari Grill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pascack Road
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Bacari Grill with a group of 9-It was a very busy Saturday night-the waitstaff was very attentive.We were all very happy with our appetizers and main course-except for the special that night-Pasta with clams—Sadly it had no flavor and the pasta was over-cooked-Very disappointing-Had it been prepared properly-I would have given 5 stars-

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was a very enjoyable Friday afternoon, late long lunch. Simply delightful. The service was quick and attentive. The food was outstanding. good choices and very attractively presented. I had wonderful tuna sashimi. the quality was great and the portioin large and good value. We also enjoyed the chopped BLT salad, the oysters and crab cake.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We held a Saturday afternoon baby shower for a party of close to 60. Kara and Jaclyn were fantastic planners - great attention to detail - the tables were beautifully set, the food and service were excellent. The guests raved about the Brunch menu we'd chosen - many different dishes and options. I'd highly recommend Bacari Grill for an event.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had a nice night out at Bacari Grill. The overall experience was very good, the steak however lowered my rating. I would never actually get a steak here again!

We went to dinner and were early so started with a cocktail. They were made perfectly and the bar was crowded but we were able to sit which was nice.

We were escorted to our table shortly after enjoying our cocktails and the service continued to be great!

Appetizers were fantastic and my wife's scallops were FANTASTIC.

I decided to get a steak and to splurge on getting it oscar style which was a mistake! The "oscar" add on tasted great, the steak was not near to a quality I would expect from a bar and grill, let alone a fine dining experience. It seemed steamed, no crust or anything you would expect.

We will go back for the experience but I will avoid the steak like the plague!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Enjoyed everything I ordered, but can't wait to try other dishes as well.

Our server Stephanie is excellent, attentive and knowledgeable regarding the menu.

I loved the crispy crackers in the bread basket. Reminded me of melba toast but fresher, crisper and tastier. Fantastic accompaniments--sundried tomato butter, and jalapeno jelly. Outstanding.

Enjoyed the Bacari salad, but I should mention that I ordered my dressing on the side, and I substituted the sweeter dressing that normally accompanies the Autumn salad. Good size; not too big, not too small. With so many sushi restaurants in Bergen County switching to iceberg lettuce (to save money?), it was a pleasure to be served a mix of dark greens.

I enjoyed the maki combo but asked them to pack one of the rolls to go, since I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it anyway. Both the raw salmon and the raw tuna in the rolls was very fresh. It's a pleasure to have found a restaurant where I can order sushi and the hubby can order other things.

For dessert, my husband and I shared both the bourbon-pecan bread pudding and the sticky toffee pudding cake. Both were served with high-quality vanilla ice cream. The toffee cake was our favorite and I can't wait to return to Bacari and order it again. I am a big fan of toffee cake and am not aware of any other restaurants near home that offer it.

I should also mention that the night before my husband and I visited Bacari, I participated in an office party in their upstairs party room. The buffet was excellent; everyone enjoyed the food and commented on what a wide variety of choices there was, and the service was incredibly good.