1,632 results
All reviews kites restaurant luxury room steam room outdoor pool sports club basketball court elements spa crystal springs great weekend wedding weekend fitness center horseback riding mountain top crystal tavern pools tennis tubs
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Visited recently for our anniversary which wasn't the ideal place for couples. Resort is very family oriented, lots of kids! Pools, staff, rooms and views were great, free shuttle was a nice touch. We had dinner at the adult sister resort, Crystal Springs which we hope to visit sometime soon, it was beautiful! Although there's 3 pools, one is pretty hot (98) and very crowded, other pool was pretty cold with hardly anyone in it. We had to walk through the hot in-door pool area to get to our room which wasn't ideal on the hot day we were there. All in all it was a nice visit. Stopped at the Mixing Bowl for breakfast on the way in & out that was very good! Worth the rate we paid on Group-On.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kim U, Front Office Manager at Minerals Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Dear Becky,

Thank you for staying and so glad you enjoyed your visit! Thanks for posting about your trip, and we look forward to welcoming you back, either here at the Minerals Resort & Spa or at Grand Cascades Lodge.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I've been to the mineral springs resort 3 times and this place is pretty good. The main pool water is cold though. Towels are sometimes hard to come by and are small and feel like sandpaper. I recommend bringing your own towels or use the towels from the hotel room at the pool. The food is pretty good. Some outside garbage baskets were over flowing , and I reminded one of the cleaners and it was taken care of. The outside benches were dirty. The breakfast buffet inside the hotel was very good. I was shocked. Restaurants outside the hotel are horrible !! Diners are pretty bad. Dunkin donuts closes around 10pm. The hotel should have a 24 hr coffee/snack place inside. The rooms were pretty good and clean. The standard double bedroom is small, the one large bedroom suite is larger and worth the extra money. Housekeeping is slow . The room did not get cleaned up until 5pm !? Maintenance staff is poor. I had a clogged toilet for 5 hrs ! I called the front desk several times. The bathrooms by the pool had clogged toilets and filthy ! Overall , pretty good. Grand Cascade resorts is much more upscale, but I think a little more boring and laid back. Especially for kids . And grand cascades has much higher class people . Like yuppies. They might night accept average class people or minority's. Do not go to mountain creek water park! It's a nightmare !

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Hotel rooms need to be refurbished and lower level rooms had a musty smell. The lounge chairs by the pool area were filthy and they give you towels the size of hand towels that are paper thin. The restaurant offers a "buffet breakfast", that leaves a lot to be desired. The overall customer service in the hotel was poor and not the friendliest either. They do offer quite a bit of activities within the hotel; however, they do charge for everything including activities by the pool. We have stayed at this location previously and it has deteriorated quite a bit.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 1416CC,

Thank you for staying and I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Your comments mean a lot to the continuing improvement of our property, and we strive to offer our guests the best of service, amenities, and accommodations. We take great pride in our AAA 3 Diamond rating, and my hope is that you will continue to stay with us at Crystal Springs Resort. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

it was a nice resort Dont get me wrong !!! but i think they just dont know how to name the suits ,i stay at the luxury suite by guessing its better than deluxe room they have ,but even so this suite its not more than 2 star hotel room
from the shower to the bed and the floor .etc....swimming pool look nice but the service is not .girls with attitude working there !!!
i think the rate we pay for the night wasn"t cheap but ,it is what it is you leave you learn next time i will book the cascade resort only 3 miles away and nothing else

Room tip: advice to change the hotel not the room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Moise,

Thank you for visiting and for sharing your review. We greatly appreciate your post and if you are considering a return stay at Grand Cascades Lodge, please let me know. Happy to help.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

When we made reservations, I let them know that we would be checking in late. I was surprised when we arrived at 10:00pm (check in begins at 5:00pm) that there was no staff on site to assist in any way except for a pleasant woman at the front desk to give us our room assignment and a room key. We removed our luggage, my husband's golf clubs and put them on a cart. My husband parked the car and we were left to find our own room. The front desk, at that time, was not able to provide any property/hotel information such as shuttle service to the Lodge where my spa treatment was scheduled for the following day.
Our first room had a door lock that wouldn't lock. The maintenance man came up and showed us that if we leaned into the door and lifted, the lock would then line up and lock. Problem was when I tried to unlock it to leave the room I almost bruised my shoulder after the numerous tries.
In the morning we switched rooms. I then went to Rejuvenation Spa located at the Lodge. Incredible 'four hand massage' and then facial. Expensive but worth the experience!!!
Back at room...air conditioner not working. Maintenance found the air conditioner was frozen so room needed to be changed yet again.
The rooms, if everything was working, were just basically adequate.
The pool...well it is not only for the Hotel guests but also for residents of the neighboring condos. They are able to purchase seasonal passes to access the pool. Therefore, this explains why there were row after rows of lounge chairs all occupied. We spent allot of time roaming around looking for a place to put our things and relax. Very, very frustrating and unacceptable! The outdoor pool was freezing (opinion of all but the few polar bears that took the plunge). The attached indoor pool was heated, however, there was no ventilation so the smell of the heated chlorine was really strong.
The positives...the Hotel offers allot of family activities and as I looked around, all the adolescents appeared to be having the time of their lives! So this is the area that anyone going to Minerals Hotel with family needs to research. Also, make sure whether the activity is at the Hotel or Lodge and cost. There is a water park nearby as well. Do your homework.
The hotel restaurant is well below par and service incredibly slow (though that is mostly because of the kitchen). There are plenty of restaurants in the area that serve good food at reasonable prices.
My husband played GOLF everyday and was very, very satisfied!!!! He played different courses and as a single had no trouble with getting tee times. However, the women making tee times made mistakes and the tee times had to be reconfirmed.
This was far from a hassle free, relaxing vacation for a couple. The property needs allot of work. I would have rather stayed home, used our condo pool, given myself the missing service and amenities, and send him off to play golf. Do your homework..

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nettiet54ny

Dear Nettiet,

Thank you for staying this summer. While it was wonderful to read about your relaxing spa experience and your husband's enjoyment of our golf courses and amenities, I was sorry to read that you left feeling overall underwhelmed by the amenities and condition of the property. We appreciate your comments and our goal is always to provide our guests with high quality amenities and service. If you are considering a return, possibly to our AAA 4-Diamond rated Grand Cascades Lodge (an amazing destination for couples), I would be delighted to help, and hope to hear from you.