“The Shore Experience”

Domenico's
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Ventnor City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Domenico's is a fine dining Italian, Mediterranean BYOB restaurant.
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a great Italian restaurant at the beach, this is it. Not just another pizza joint, this is a comfortable tablecloth byob restaurant.
Menu is not extensive but everything offered is excellent.
Service is good.
Parking is a bit challenging. All street parking, no lot.
There are outside tables, weather permitting.
A bit pricey but worth the cost.
In season don’t bother if you don’t have a reservation. Call in advance, reservations are available.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I visited friends in Ventnor and we had dinner on Wednesday at this BYOB place, their favorite restaurant in town. It is small with seating extremely tight and very noisy. There were a few tables set up outside to dine. It might have been a better seating choice if you could put up with the flies and bugs. The menu has just the right number of varied selections with a few specials also. I had the mussels Fra Diavolo as an appetizer. Very plump and juicy but the sauce although tangy and very good was not as spicy as I like. I ordered the seared Ahi tuna special. It was cooked perfectly and very, very delicious. One of my friends had the branzino special (tail on) and the others had veal dishes (for which this place is famous ???). They all enjoyed their entrees. Service was okay but uneven and hurried - understandable when the place was packed. But we had to ask for our water glasses to be refilled and a cork for the wine after our meal. Our bill was pricey but the food was great. They accept credit cards.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Brought a nice bottle of wine and good friends for a summer meal at this popular restaurant. Our friends insisted I try the pork chop and with some hesitation (I'm not really a chop kind of girl) I went with it. Yes it's expensive, yes it's a chop, yes it was the most fabulous dinner I've had all summer. That said, my husband's fish was not good so maybe just go for the chop.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I understand that these restaurants have to “make the $$” during the summer months...however our experience was so disappointing. An 8:30 reservation ended up getting served after 10:00. The specials were over $40, well over. The up charge to replace potatoes w spinach was $10! The chicken w mushrooms and truffles was inedible-the only flavor tasted was rosemary. It was so crowded and noisy that we couldn’t talk to the person sitting next to each other. I don’t understand the hype..is it worth that much $$ to be “seen” and then ripped off. The food may be good (not my chicken) but why is it so expensive? I would never go back. They also have a big sign as you enter”$15 Sharing charge”- come on!,,

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Food was ok, seating very tight and noisy. There is outside seating and it started to rain so I don't know where the people went. Very nice wait staff and chef.