“Late breakfast”

University Diner
Ranked #104 of 150 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Nice diner. Service was great. I wish I knew the waiter's name, he was very good. The eggs took a little long (which he complained about). They were a little bland. It was nice to see Taylor Ham (pork roll) on the menu. Delicious. They also had grits instead of home fries, which is unusual for central Jersey. They needed salt and butter, but otherwise were good.

Overall very good. I'll be back when I'm in the area.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The food is excellent here. No matter what meal you are here for you will not be disappointed. You really get a good portion for your money. There is something for everyone on their menu. Fast, Friendly Service. Give it a try.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Huge, huge menu. Large portions. Good service. Food usually comes out quickly. Small section of booths in front, more space in back with booths and tables. Great value for the money

Reviewed 30 April 2012

There are a few diners that are near to my home. University is usually the one my wife, friends, and I choose. They have good, basic diner food at reasonable prices. Their wait staff is very friendly and their service is good. While University has good burgers, fried chicken and fries as well as great breakfast choices, I particularly like the moussaka as it comes with soup and a big Greek salad.

Good good, reasonable prices.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stopped in for dinner the other night, food was bland, greasy & service stunk, they didnt seem to care when I brought a burnt meal to their attention either

Been to University Diner? Share your experiences!