“Food: Very Good. Service: Fair. Bill: Outrageous”

Revere Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #11 of 273 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were a party of 6 on a Saturday evening and were seated in a room identified on our bill as the “back room.” It was sparsely decorated, although pictures on the walls were interesting. The door to the rest of the restaurant was shut and we felt isolated. Perhaps it was closed to separate us from the noise of the adjoining bar. The decor did not match the quality of the food. We arrived at 5:30 and our meal was not completed until 7:30. The kitchen was apparently not operating at breakneck speed, at least for our meals. During that time, only 2 other tables were occupied in our room, although others were being served elsewhere in the restaurant. One woman in our room was with a small child. She said she was “in labor” and was waiting for her husband to get home before going to the hospital. Apparently she had ordered over the phone because her meal came very quickly. Probably a good thing!
BEVERAGES: 3 of us had alcoholic beverages: a gin and tonic for $6.50 and 5 Southern Comfort Manhattans. We ordered the first round of Manhattans on the rocks with a twist, but they arrived straight up with a cherry. We pointed it out to our server who shortly returned with 2 twists in his bare hand. He squeezed them over our drinks and then dropped them in. He soon returned with a glass of ice for each of us. The repeat drinks were served as requested. The Southern Comforts were $7. For the first two Manhattans there was also a “Prep” fee of $4 each; for the other 3, the “Prep fee” was $2. Three members of our party had sodas. They ordered refills and were not informed that there was a charge for the refills. In addition, each serving of the sodas came in a different size glass, including 1 that was quite small, but the price was the same - $2 each for a total of $18.
FOOD: Servings were generous and most of the items were very good. We enjoyed the abundant servings of “Hoboken bread.” All pastas were excellent. One person ordered an appetizer of Clams Casino which he described as “essentially a very small clam with an overcooked piece of bacon.” He would not order them again. The shrimp cocktail was good. The house salad was excellent, although we received 1 less serving than we should have. Since 1 person didn’t like her salad, we decided to forego the missing one. Veal was pretty good but not outstanding. We took our desserts ($6.50 to $7.00) to go. The key lime pie was described as “awesome” while others were just fair. Prices for our entrees were reasonable.
A service fee of 20% (on the pre-tax amount) was automatically added to our bill. The service provided was just ok and not worth the 20% tab. In addition to the missing salad and incorrectly served Manhattans, one side pasta came out several minutes after the entrée was served. I imagine the very slow pace of the meal was the kitchen’s fault but we were not kept very well informed. Our server was pleasant enough but not quite up to snuff on attentiveness. We very much enjoyed most of the food, but we probably would not return because of the very slow pace of the meal. We did not sense that our patronage was appreciated.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My favorite resturant bar none. Ambiance, staff, and food are incredible! I brought someone there for their first time last night and they can't stop talking about how good it was. Also, they have so many amazing specials and new dishes to try all the time.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We had been passing this place for years. By fate, we stopped today. I was blown away by the quality of the food and service. My bf and I are snobs when it comes to food. We go to NYC quite a bit. I think that may change, due to my experience. We started out with the figs stuffed with goat cheese. Pure heaven. We then had Ahi Tuna and Scallops, as well as gnocci. Cooked to perfection and very fresh. Prepared in a unique manner. This is as good as top NYC favorites!!!! Great wine selection, impeccable service.

1  Thank Colleen F
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The Revere has been around for a long time, we recently discovered it again. The food is very good here. There is a special meatball appetizer that is fabulous. Meatballs stuffed with cheese in red sauce, so good. Ombiance is a little dated, but the food is just so good, I can overlook the atmosphere. I also have to rave about one of their home made deserts. They serve a butterscotch cake that as I describe it is like a butterscotch crimpette on steroids! It is absolutely delicious. Don't overlook this restrurant - you will be very happy with your visit.

1  Thank whyvette
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Nice bar, with good pours before you eat. 2 dining areas. Quiet and not crowded when I went. The bread to start with is crazy good, 2 helpings worth. The meal was priced reasonably with plenty to eat. My wife couldn't finish. The wait staff are attentive and don't rush you. As Arnold said I'll be back

1  Thank John s