“Not really a Thai cusine”
Review of River Kwai Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

River Kwai Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 12 July 2012

After reading on Internet, i tried the restaurant but was upset to see that the cuisine is not really a Thai.
Some of the basic ingredients of Thai food were missing.
If i have to recommend, i can say try dumplings they are good.. but would not recommend main course with rice.
Nevertheless the desserts are good.

Good for one try.

Date of visit: July 2012

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our meal at River Kwai; soups were very good, her Pad Thai was delicious (but they got the "how spicy" mixed up and it was WAY hot, and my green curry was tasty. But the place is large and cold (not temperature), and they desperately need some music to add some atmosphere. The service was spotty.

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Party of four adults and a child came for an early lunch one Saturday. We almost left because the doors were still locked when business hours should have already started. Of all the food we ordered, my favorites were the Pla Muk Tod (fried calamari-$6.95) and Tod Mun Pla (minced fish cakes-$6.95). The Chicken Pad Thai ($10.95) was average at best. My brother liked the Rocky Chicken ($6.95) but I did not care much for it. The Beef Pad Katiam (stir-fried with garlic and black pepper-$10.95) did not even come close in terms of taste to the ones we have in San Francisco. The Pork Kao Pad (fried rice-$10.95) was nothing great. The soft shell crab katiam ($18.95) was a waste of money -- it was good, but not for that price. The fresh mango with sticky rice ($5.95) was a letdown as well because the mango was not ripe and the sweetened coconut milk was a tad too sweet. Our party spent almost $120 (excluding tip) for mediocre food, small portions, and slow service. I don't think I'd want to go back again. But if ever the wind changes and I do return, I'll just stick to the fried calamari and fish cakes.

Date of visit: November 2011
1  Thank Fuchsiapower
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Food is very tasty...The place was just remodeled so it looks awesome. You can bring your own liquor and service is good. They also offer sushi which I also love! I am personally in love with the Chicken Panang, and their tempura rolls are awesome! Try it, you will not be dissapointed!

Date of visit: July 2011