“Horrible experience, Vechile broken in!”
Review of TP Hotel

TP Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Never Stay Here!

We paid for two nights in advance while in our travels. We should had looked at the reviews before doing business with this facility. When we arrived, the lobby was very nice, small, yet business like. Was we ever fooled!!!

Our room was on the third floor. Upon entering the third floor, there was a very strong smell of marijuana throughout the hallway. Upon entering the room, there was no TV remote, no working ice machine, the room walls was dirty and the bathroom toilet seat was not desirable.

We stayed anyway, that was Friday, December 3rd, 2016.

On December 4th, we get a knock on the door from management, stating that our vehicle had been broken in. This is at 10:30 a.m. We get dress, rush to our vehicle and see that the driver's side window has been shattered. All the business employees are outside. We was asked by management, Tony Shaw, perhaps it is someone we might know, we are from Pottstown PA, visiting Toms River, really. I make the call to the police and discover that our vehicle was broken in at 4 a.m., Via hotel security camera, to which, they knew this already, when the officer arrived on the scene. Tony Shaw immediately states that they cannot be responsible. Tony Shaw to accommodate, we can do an overstay until 2 p.m. At 12:30, we get a knock on the door again, from the clerk, stating that Mr.Shaw states that if we are not paying at 2, then we have to stay in the lobby until 2 p.m.

So we left, vowing never to stay at another Red Carpet Inn again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Most uncomfortable mattress I have slept on, and don't get me started on the pillows. There was a bad odor in the room. Never again! The AC did not keep the room cool. The shower was very slippery and seemed to tilt and some strange angle.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if possible. Sleep in your vehicle instead.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I didn't pay attention to the reviews, mistake #1. I had stayed there when it was the Red Roof Inn a few yrs ago and it was decent. The 1st rm smelled like smoke, had a bucket under the sink, no lampshades, dead batteries on the remote with no back, and a refrigerater that didn't work. The next rm they gave us had no covers on the electrical outlets, and there were no lampshades, repaired kicked in bathrm door I got stuck in, 1 towel, an ice bucket under the A/C. I can't believe they charged almost $200.00 for that discusting room!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra C
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

OMG! Where do I start?!

First of all, I was quoted a price when I reserved a room and was told it included taxes. When my husband and I arrived, we were charged an additional $28. I was told the difference would be credited to our card. Time will tell if I get my money back, I'll post that result later.

The hallway in which our room was located smelled awful like dirt, mold, and smoke filled carpeting. In our room, there was only 1 towel. No chair at the desk, cigarette burns on the sheets and comforter. The remote to the tv had nothing to hold the batteries; old nasty tape that previously held them. Only 1 of the 2 nightstand lamps worked. We didn't bother to use the shower; it looked unsanitary.

It looked as though there were a lot of people who lived at this hotel because there were several people having a cookout in the parking lot! You got it, barbecuing in the parking lot which took place right below our room! The hallway had a very strong smell resembling marijuana. A good nights sleep was impossible because there were people coming and going all night long opening and slamming doors until about 5am. Not to mention, the bed was ridiculously uncomfortable!

Other hotels in the area were sold out on the July 4th weekend. A word to the wise, reserve your hotel room well in advance at a clean and decent hotel to prevent an experience like ours!!!

Being better off staying at this hotel versus sleeping in the car is still up for debate!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank MEL W
Reviewed 22 April 2016

I had to fix my toilet from running, there was a hole in the inside of the bathroom door. no chair for the desk no alarm clock or telephone to contact the front desk for problems. No smoking room that smelled of smoke and no ironing board and an iron that leaks. Very old TV in the room with a remote that did not work. Glad I was only staying one night. I must say however the room was clean, HAVC cover was hanging from the duck tape that was used to secure it to the unit. The hotel looked fairly large but in reality they only used floors in the back of the building for the hotel the remainder of the hotel from what I understand from relatives is section 8 housing.

Room Tip: Stick with the bigger name hotels price is not the best value
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Ramada Toms River
#3 of 11 in Toms River
12.0 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Been to TP Hotel? Share your experiences!