“Horrified!”

TP Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

OMG! Where do I start?!

First of all, I was quoted a price when I reserved a room and was told it included taxes. When my husband and I arrived, we were charged an additional $28. I was told the difference would be credited to our card. Time will tell if I get my money back, I'll post that result later.

The hallway in which our room was located smelled awful like dirt, mold, and smoke filled carpeting. In our room, there was only 1 towel. No chair at the desk, cigarette burns on the sheets and comforter. The remote to the tv had nothing to hold the batteries; old nasty tape that previously held them. Only 1 of the 2 nightstand lamps worked. We didn't bother to use the shower; it looked unsanitary.

It looked as though there were a lot of people who lived at this hotel because there were several people having a cookout in the parking lot! You got it, barbecuing in the parking lot which took place right below our room! The hallway had a very strong smell resembling marijuana. A good nights sleep was impossible because there were people coming and going all night long opening and slamming doors until about 5am. Not to mention, the bed was ridiculously uncomfortable!

Other hotels in the area were sold out on the July 4th weekend. A word to the wise, reserve your hotel room well in advance at a clean and decent hotel to prevent an experience like ours!!!

Being better off staying at this hotel versus sleeping in the car is still up for debate!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank MEL W

Reviewed 22 April 2016

I had to fix my toilet from running, there was a hole in the inside of the bathroom door. no chair for the desk no alarm clock or telephone to contact the front desk for problems. No smoking room that smelled of smoke and no ironing board and an iron that leaks. Very old TV in the room with a remote that did not work. Glad I was only staying one night. I must say however the room was clean, HAVC cover was hanging from the duck tape that was used to secure it to the unit. The hotel looked fairly large but in reality they only used floors in the back of the building for the hotel the remainder of the hotel from what I understand from relatives is section 8 housing.

Room Tip: Stick with the bigger name hotels price is not the best value
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff N
Reviewed 6 July 2015

This is a welfare hotel, rents by the week. People in their underwear standing around smoking. Disgusting. Management misleading. Run you credit card before your arrival. Won't give money back. A dump. Complete fraud.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Spiritof76Too
Reviewed 11 January 2015

The place was cheap and that's what you can get. They promised breakfast is including and it's served in downstairs, but when i went to have a breakfast, there was only coffee available without any milk....Room was clean, but the door or bathroom was puffed and you couldn't close it without thinking you gonna break it more. All the noise was coming from neighbors room and even cigarette smoke. People who were working there were friendly, so nothing to complain about them....just please fix the rooms. Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina A
Reviewed 4 September 2014

If you like for motel to place unnecessary holds on your credit card EVEN AFTER the charges have gone through, then this is the motel for you.

When I called the front desk to ask about the unnecessary hold, she told me that it was my banks fault; that they place holds like this for up to five business days. So, I call my bank, and the representative told me that it was Red Roof that was responsible for the hold. She even offered to do a three-way-call between both parties.

So, the lady at the Red Roof desk lied to me. I called them back and offered the three-way-call proposal, and she wouldnt do it and told me to call her manager in a couple of days.

HORRIBLE customer service.

10.9 km away
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to TP Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TP Hotel

Address: 2 W Water St, New Jersey Parkway Exit # 81, Toms River, NJ 08753-7472 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)
Region: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Toms River
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Price Range: €46 - €113 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — TP Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your TP Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Roof Hotel Toms River