US$146
US$104
  • Restaurant
US$91
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We decided to take our kids to the beach for the 1st time on our way to a funeral in North Jersey. We had a difficult time finding a hotel room since it was last minute. This was the only place available on a Sat and Sun night in July. The price on Saturday night was $140 and Sun $90. That is not to bad for Jersey Shore but I expected to have a decent room.

Our room stunk and was in need of repairs, or completion of repairs. I know its Jersey but i didn't expect the bathroom door to be missing the bottom 4" (someone broke it) and a hole in the middle of it. Our bed comforters on both beds looked like Swiss cheese with all the cigarette holes in it. We had a repaired hole in a wall that was just spackled and not painted. Our toilet paper holder was ripped from the wall and just hanging on. Our shower curtain rod was a curved one but it was falling down so our curtain would not stay closed when showering. Also there was no way to plug the tub to give our 4 year old daughter a bath. Very inconvenient.

When we arrived there was no one in the office and we rung the bell 5 or 6 times and yelled for help with no answer. Someone finally came after 10 minutes of waiting and gave us an attitude for wanting to book a room for that night and the next.

I am originally from Jersey and spend many weekends down the shore as a teenager. This hotel is way way off the shore and was in worse shape than many of the seaside motels i have been at. We thought by staying outside of seaside at a large name hotel chain that our kids would have the comforts of a good hotel but this was not the case at all. Only one ice maker working in the hotel and it was on the 1st floor. Just a poor hotel all around.

There is more to mention but I'm growing tired of this review. I did fill out the survey honestly that was emailed to me 2 weeks ago and no one contacted me from the hotel about our trip.

Please stay away from The Red Roof Inn in Toms River, NY.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Xplosi0n1
Reviewed 20 August 2013

as a lot of people from jersey new York and pa. know finding a hotel on the weekend is not easy at the jersey shore. with that said my stay in aug. was very pleasant. I had two rooms there and both were very clean there was no noise like you get in some places down the shore... I also want to say thank you to T.J. Elsie, and Vickie the staff went above and beyond and I would stay again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Red Roof Toms River location! I traveled from Maryland for my birthday weekend! At first, my reservation was made at the wrong Red Roof Inn and I had just checked in at 1am. I called this location right way and the nice gentlemen who answered was so helpful in making a reservation for the next day. The hotel and room was nice and clean. I did request a blow dryer and extra towels and within 5 minutes there was a knock on the door. I loved how it was so close to the Jersey Shore. I will stay here again.
T.Rahimi

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Last night me and my boyfriend got a room there for a night out without the kids, the room was disgusting! we found a BEDGUG on the bed trash still in the trashcan and the room smell! Management give us our money back. since it was late we could not find another room anywahere. Our perfect night was ruined! Stay away from that place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank happygolucky380
Tony S, General Manager at TP Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,
I apologize for the inconvenience you had with your stay at the redroof over the past weekend. We strive to keep our rooms in cleanliness conditions and free of pests. We routinely get service our rooms and inspection to ensure rooms are free of pest. We have taken precautionary measures to inspect the room you reported problem with. The inspection company did not find any evidence of the pests you have mentioned. If, would like to discuss this further with hotel, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Tony Shah
(General Manager)

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Had an Okay stay at the Red Roof Inn in Toms River.

The location for me was ideal as there was a Pro Wrestling show not far away from where the hotel was.

Bad News: The Parking lot at the Red Roof has to be one of the smallest you will ever have to deal with. Actually getting into and out of the lot was very hard.

Also the door for the bathroom in my room did not close completely so that was problematic. I don't know if it was me but I found the bed to be hard and the pillows to be flat.

Good news: The room was nice and clean. I thought the hotel looked good, but would def. try to book it earlier to see if I could get a cheaper rate.

Overall: It was what I needed for that day. If I can get the room for a cheaper rate (by booking sooner) I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I got the King Size bed, which was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business