“Stayed here Aug 12 and wish I had read the reviews before booking.”
Review of TP Hotel

TP Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We needed a pet friendly hotel for only this one night and we have had ok experiences with other Red Roof Inns. Checked in early (nice), but the room was half underground: dark and musty smelling. Dirty sheets were on the floor in the hallway and we decided right then not to stay overnight. We came back to the room to check the dog (4-6 pm) and he refused to go back in his cage. He knew something!!!! We did not sleep there and went home that night, only to find out the next morning that a DEAD BODY was found in another room. Did our dog know something we did not? Find another hotel!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!
1  Thank sjbfab

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We decided to take our kids to the beach for the 1st time on our way to a funeral in North Jersey. We had a difficult time finding a hotel room since it was last minute. This was the only place available on a Sat and Sun night in July. The price on Saturday night was $140 and Sun $90. That is not to bad for Jersey Shore but I expected to have a decent room.

Our room stunk and was in need of repairs, or completion of repairs. I know its Jersey but i didn't expect the bathroom door to be missing the bottom 4" (someone broke it) and a hole in the middle of it. Our bed comforters on both beds looked like Swiss cheese with all the cigarette holes in it. We had a repaired hole in a wall that was just spackled and not painted. Our toilet paper holder was ripped from the wall and just hanging on. Our shower curtain rod was a curved one but it was falling down so our curtain would not stay closed when showering. Also there was no way to plug the tub to give our 4 year old daughter a bath. Very inconvenient.

When we arrived there was no one in the office and we rung the bell 5 or 6 times and yelled for help with no answer. Someone finally came after 10 minutes of waiting and gave us an attitude for wanting to book a room for that night and the next.

I am originally from Jersey and spend many weekends down the shore as a teenager. This hotel is way way off the shore and was in worse shape than many of the seaside motels i have been at. We thought by staying outside of seaside at a large name hotel chain that our kids would have the comforts of a good hotel but this was not the case at all. Only one ice maker working in the hotel and it was on the 1st floor. Just a poor hotel all around.

There is more to mention but I'm growing tired of this review. I did fill out the survey honestly that was emailed to me 2 weeks ago and no one contacted me from the hotel about our trip.

Please stay away from The Red Roof Inn in Toms River, NY.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel!!!
1  Thank Xplosi0n1
Reviewed 20 August 2013

as a lot of people from jersey new York and pa. know finding a hotel on the weekend is not easy at the jersey shore. with that said my stay in aug. was very pleasant. I had two rooms there and both were very clean there was no noise like you get in some places down the shore... I also want to say thank you to T.J. Elsie, and Vickie the staff went above and beyond and I would stay again

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Red Roof Toms River location! I traveled from Maryland for my birthday weekend! At first, my reservation was made at the wrong Red Roof Inn and I had just checked in at 1am. I called this location right way and the nice gentlemen who answered was so helpful in making a reservation for the next day. The hotel and room was nice and clean. I did request a blow dryer and extra towels and within 5 minutes there was a knock on the door. I loved how it was so close to the Jersey Shore. I will stay here again.
T.Rahimi

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Last night me and my boyfriend got a room there for a night out without the kids, the room was disgusting! we found a BEDGUG on the bed trash still in the trashcan and the room smell! Management give us our money back. since it was late we could not find another room anywahere. Our perfect night was ruined! Stay away from that place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank happygolucky380
Tony S, General Manager at TP Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,
I apologize for the inconvenience you had with your stay at the redroof over the past weekend. We strive to keep our rooms in cleanliness conditions and free of pests. We routinely get service our rooms and inspection to ensure rooms are free of pest. We have taken precautionary measures to inspect the room you reported problem with. The inspection company did not find any evidence of the pests you have mentioned. If, would like to discuss this further with hotel, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Tony Shah

10.9 km away
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to TP Hotel? Share your experiences!