“Crowded, noisy, interesting food”
Review of Xina

Xina
Ranked #4 of 299 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New restaurant where Ava's by the bay was.
Reviewed 24 April 2017

My wife and I enjoyed dinner at Xina recently. We made our reservation two weeks in advance for a Saturday night. We have tried to eat there in the past without a reservation and didn't get a table. The restaurant is a large room, which on the night we were there, was filled with many large, loud groups. We enjoyed a nice appetizer or tuna tartare. It was two large patties with ginger sauce in the bowl and a very tasty dish. We ordered the house salad, which was a good size, with fresh greens and an occasional tomato. I ordered the General Tso's Chicken. Again, it was a nice size portion, but it was overly sweetened for my taste, and not at all spicy. I wouldn't order it again. My wife ordered the Peking Duck, which she enjoyed. It was served with fried rice which was also prepared well and tasty.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Love this place!
food delicious, staff very accommodating, must try this place! Have not tried all the entrees yet but am working on it. It is a BYOB which works for me. We like seating at the bar.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to go especially if you are on a budget. It's a bring your own business. Great food at a reasonable price.

1  Thank William D
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

First let me start by saying always make a reservation and arrive on time. I had reservations and arrived 15 minutes late however I did call to advise I was delayed in traffic. Upon arrival I was told by the two young twenty something's at the front counter that my table was given to someone who arrived on time and I would need to wait. After 25 minutes we were seated at our table right next to the bathroom. The sushi was fresh but service was horrible every guest that walked to the restrooms asked what we were eating. When I asked if we could move they could not accommodate the request. Regardless how good the food was service comes first. Needless to say I will not be going back

1  Thank Danni531
Reviewed 28 March 2017

There is a reason that this place is always full. The front end staff can be a hit or miss but the owner, chef and servers are top class. I tried the pad thia noodles were good but the fried wontons (I would give it a 6 out of 5) were outstanding (the boiled wontons were just a 4) as was the whole sea bass fried in a wok (again a 6 out of 5) is not always available but if it is GET IT!! Another thing. This is not your typical Chinese food place which can pump it out in 10 minuets. It is fresh and freshly made so it will take you a while to eat. My recommendation was to get the steak on stone appetizer and enjoy it while your food was prepared. You should either get there very early in the dinner hour or make a reservation. it gets very full very fast! And there is a reason for that, its one of the best sit down places in Ocean County.