See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

Some of the rooms appear to be under construction, unfortunately I stayed in one that was ( as one other review described their room) repulsive, foul, and filthy.
The 24 hour manager says she wants to keep trouble out but that is exactly the the of people she rents most rooms to. WAITING STILL for refund I was promised. ( no phone, no wi-fi as advertised).

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JD92115
Reviewed 20 April 2015

Cheapest room I found here and room was really clean and had new mattress and carpet. Can't complain at all. I saw they got some good nice clean rooms. Nice thing about this place is everything within your waling distance like restaurants, shopping center, public transporation etc..

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Hector N
Reviewed 22 February 2015

I'm taking time out of my life to right this review as a warning. I honestly don't know how this putrid, vile, disgusting motel has not been condemned. The only reason I can think of is because the state needs this motel to house people that go through special response do to homelessness. There's not a lot of motels available and there's a large quantity of people who request to be put in a motel by the state until they can get housing. There's a lot of people who live at this motel 365 days a year. The small amount of rooms that are rented out; are for, like I said people requesting housing and the state temporarily puts them up into a motel, this motel being one of them... Or the rooms are rented out to drug addicts and sc*mb*gs. This is not a motel for tourists or people visiting the area, it's for the foulest humans in ocean county. I came to this motel and when I was in the office filling out paperwork the manager terry was telling me how she was the only one there that cleaned all the rooms and was complaining how all these repairs needed to be done to the motel in general. So the impression I got was that there's no way this women in her late 60s with this complaining attitude could actually clean these rooms, so anyway, she gave me the key. I went to the room and the carpet was covered in stains and even a spot on the wall by the air conditioner had mold or mildew do to moisture, the room reaked of muskly moldy mildew and grimey filth. The counter in the room had missing cabinets and the wood was water damaged and split. If anything about the room bothered me the least, it would be the cigarette burns on the carpet and comforter. I don't think those big bulky comforters are even washed. They're dark and can mask stains and I doubt this elderly women that complains about everything would take extra time to wash everything. You can put several sheets blankets or pillow cases in a washer but only 1 bulky comforter would fit in the washing machine which would be very time consuming to do and I just don't see it getting done. This motel needs to be torn down and rebuilt, there is just too much wrong with it. One of the "tenants" who lived there all year was complaining that the water was turned off until the broken pipe was fixed and that there was water damage in her motel from a leak. Where there's water or wood, tile or carpet there is mold and mildew. Its not safe, steril and certainly is not healthy to breathe in. Its not like its even a secret that there's mold, you can smell it and see it. This place is so foul. Its sad that the state actually puts people here. They're homeless and this is where they're placed? You might be better off on the street or in a shelter. It may be in a location near bus stops and shopping centers but the location itself has drug addicts, di*tb*gs and people who sit around collecting welfare benefits and refusing to work. Its true there was a kidnapping here and the woman was stabbed to death in one of the rooms. I bet the blood stains are still or the floor and they probably washed and reused the blankets, sad but true. People in prison live in better conditions than this vile place.

Date of stay: January 2015
5  Thank imkleverxox
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I didn't sleep here. After a difficult time with booking.com, they recommended this place. It's a drug motel. I actually got pulled over after pulling out of this place. No manager, or anyone in fact, at the front "office" at apparently, according to the internet, there was a stabbing and sexual assault there. FOR YOUR SAFETY DONT GO HERE. I had to lock my doors while trying to reach booking.com. Very unsafe, very sketchy, very no good!

Date of stay: June 2014
6  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place is unprofessional, filthy, and rundown. I have a living situation that is not of my own volition going through social services and gaining TRA (Rental/Living Assistance) due to a spot of trouble with my husband and myself in our career. We are stranded in NJ when we are from MO, we were truck drivers and there was dirty business within the company costing us our lively hood while we where in NJ visiting my family. We have been uprooted from the northern part of NJ from a motel up in Monmouth county, and had to be relocated here because the system is a mess with the sandy victims.

Now my gripe about the motel itself, we haven't even had the chance to sign into our room due to no sign of the owner or any sort of staff. We we're lucky to have borrowed a car from a family member so that we may transport our luggage and household items we've scrapped up since the job loss. Our case worker said there is an available Taxi Van we could use for transportation, but I'm glad we didn't take that offer. If we would have, we would have been sitting at this raunchy place in the front on the curb waiting for the other occupants to steal our belongings. There was no one there to sign us into our room! Within five minutes of us being there (after knocking furiously and ringing the doorbell 100 times) we were approached by a lady who asked us if we were there for housing placement. When we said we were, she said "well I haven't seen the owner in FOUR days"! She continued to describe the conditions of the place with the following "She even rented out my room to someone for two hours while I was away"! I almost took this as nonsense until I heard a man come out of his room asking a similar question, "Are you looking for the manager?" he said "Yes" we replied. "Well I haven't seen or heard from her in about THREE DAYS"! This is the worst case of New Jerseys unprofessional atmosphere and conditions. My advice just stay away from this place, if you can try not to live here by any means(NJ). It seems no one in NJ can do the job they signed up to do, or do the job that they OWN! This place is rundown, with zero staff, which means no usual upkeep. If you stay here make sure you have a spare doorknob to attach to the door so NO ONE can enter but you. If the lady isn't going to do any ground keeping, there is no reason for her to have access to your room.

Date of stay: October 2013