All reviews hotel restaurant housekeeping staff quaint town king bed visiting family new york city night's sleep the room was nice into nyc bagels shuttle service englewood carol wedding clinton banquet mccann
Reviewed 3 October 2018

This hotel is located conveniently close to NYC, and on a bus route to boot. The rooms were comfortable and clean. While the bathroom was not luxurious, I liked the shampoo and soap that were provided. A good feature was the happy hour in the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not require you to go up or down stairs in the old portion of the hotel.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear patricia7772015,

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your compliments. Each member of our team strives daily to deliver a positive guest experience; your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We appreciate having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Apparently accommodation in this part of the state is limited and I had to spend one night here ahead of a meeting at the nearby Englewood hospital. I arrived late in the evening and met some people at the bar so only got to my room at about 10:30 pm. There was a party going on in the next room (loud techno music and lots of laughter and loud voices). I immediately called the front desk and asked to be moved. I was told that there was not another unoccupied room in the place and that the people in the room would be contacted and told to keep it down. Nothing happened. I called again and got the same response but this time the front desk person said that security would come on duty at 11pm and would deal with it (he could have told me this on the first call!). They party ended just before 11 pm and I was drowsing by then and was woken by the security guy just after 11 pm to ask what the issue was. I let that one go. A couple of hours later there was giggling and laughing for a while - the hotel is not to be blamed for this however it does attest to the flimsiness of the walls!

The room was dated and had the feel of a 1980s Holiday Inn. It needs an update badly. My room was freezing cold with an unresponsive thermostat. There were no extra blankets to be found either. And a half empty miniature shampoo bottle does not inspire confidence in the quality of housekeeping services.

I left at 7:45 the next morning without eating breakfast or even having a cup of coffee. Frankly, I was glad for an early start so that I had to be out of there.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Travellingnurse50,

I offer my sincere apologies for the noise pollution you experienced due to the loud guests in the room next door; please forgive us. We take pride in providing a comfortable stay and we clearly fell short of that goal. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor and improve the guest experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

We attended an SMA gala dinner- dance party in the ballroom and had booked a room in advance for that single night as we did not want to drive back home overnight. Our room on the second floor was just what we had expected: good size, clean, king size bed and plenty of closet and drawers space. Our only complaint was the room temperature. When we arrived in the room before the dinner-dance to get dressed for the event, the room was freezing cold with the air conditioner on full blast. So, we lowered the fan and turned the room thermostat to 80 degrees F. We left the room for the party and returned hours later, when it was over, only to find the room still unbearably cold. Apparently the room thermostat wasn't working because the air register was still pumping in cold air, not warm air. We give the room a poor rating only because of the inability to warm the room, otherwise the room itself was very good in all other aspects.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Violeta F,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the gala dinner and that you found our accommodations to be pleasant. I sincerely regret that your room was cold; please forgive us. We value the feedback and will use it to foster improvements. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

What a pleasant surprise to meet friends just before 7:00 pm and find that everything on the menu was half price, viz., food and drinks. We ate outside on just a perfect evening and the serving staff was excellent, so attentive, and friendly. You could tell that there were regulars there, probably most nights since I noticed all the tables were filled inside and outside.

Room Tip: Go out on the patio for happy hours.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Joseph M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m pleased to hear our attentive staff made for an enjoyable evening. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

On the plus side, the restaurant attached to the Inn is very nice, with VERY nice workers. Food is good for relatively okay prices.... but stay tuned for the rest of the story.
In May, 2018 I was a guest of the Clinton Inn for several nights. The first night I tried to be a trooper and deal with the extremely hot room, but when the next door guests began to have small children literally screaming at the top of their lungs and banging the walls, I just couldn't be patient any longer. I went to the desk and explained that while I have a grandson and love children, I was having trouble resting for my business the next day... and that the room was STIFLING, I was told that the lady in the next room was having company from town and that they would soon be leaving. A man would be sent to "fix" my air conditioner. He came. He fiddled. He left. I still continued to bake. I went back to the counter to find that the night manager was trying to deal with a very upset group of chaperones and LITERALLY a busload of teenagers who were also BAKING in their rooms and had done so the previous night as well, and were not going to have it again. He was not happy about switching them and made his discontent obvious. The kids were handling it pretty well, but you could tell the adults had just about had it. Additionally, there was an extremely pregnant couple who wanted a refund because they simply couldn't handle staying in such a situation. He was trying to talk them out of it. When my turn FINALLY came the night manager LITERALLY told me that if I would just open my window there would be a breeze and I could manage with the heat. UM... NO. Ain't happenin', dude. So under protest, he switched my room. That room at least had a working air conditioner, but like the other room, things were very worn and the bathroom was a bit of a YUCK. Peeling wallpaper, jury-rigged repairs, other people's body hairs in the corners of the floor. Stained carpet. I may come back to Tenafly for business in the future - if I do, I will not stay here unless I see the room before I am charged.

Room Tip: Don't know if there is a good room because everyone I met in the lobby was trying to get OUT of the room they had been given.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear 4myers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the issues with your room. Additionally, I regret that noise pollution your experienced from a neighboring room. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Thank you for staying with us.