“Not Quite What it Used to Be - but Still Good”
Review of Lobster Claw - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2015

The good - Lobster Bisque/Hushpuppies - we were both very happy with our appetizers. Dinner left us with mixed reviews. I had the broiled shrimp in 'garlic love butter'. He had the crab cakes. He was satisfied, but felt the quality wasn't where it used to be. It's now called The Claw, so not sure if new owners or what. The shrimp -- I couldn't taste garlic or butter! I asked for a small side of melted butter because the shrimp was almost flavorless. That was not butter! it seemed almost more like a "butter oil" or something they brought out to me. It didn't even taste like butter. I left feeling bummed that the restaurant we used to love just didn't do it for us. For the prices they charge, we've had much better. I do wish them the best in bringing back the experience we once knew, but honestly, after seeing what they brought me alone when asking for butter... yeah, no thanks. I just wasn't feeling it. Service however was excellent. No issue with the wait staff.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We love The Claw for terrific seafood and best prices on the island. Warm, friendly service. Always made to feel welcome!

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My wife ordered the clams and I ordered the hush puppies for appetizer. I got my appetizer first. Immediately after I got my dinner I was two bites into my app and yet my wife still didn't get her app. She had order shrimp for dinner after her first bite they tasted funny and smelled like ammonia. I asked to speak to the manager. I told her to smell the shrimp and she said " I'm the manager I don't know about the food" REALLY. Then finally my wife's app clams finally arrived. I had the cod father sandwich. I couldn't eat the bread it was hard as a rock and the waitresses saw it and all she could tell me is at least everything inside was good. It really wasn't. Soda was good and the clams were ok. Definitely not a place I would go back or recommend

Reviewed 20 August 2014

First time there. Not much to eat in but take out was terrific. Had the crab cakes. Would definitely return.

1  Thank martin h
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family had two delicious meals here on our vacation. Four of us shared the lobster boil dinner which was a great deal, and a ton of food. All fantastic!! Tyrone would be so proud of his children for carrying on without him this summer. The place looks great, service is great, and food great. A can't miss opportunity.

1  Thank ShavaunR